Setting Difficulty Numbers

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Flowswithdrek
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Setting Difficulty Numbers

Postby Flowswithdrek » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:35 pm

So I’m fleshing out the next adventure to challenge my players. At various stages of the adventure the characters have to make a series of Tests, mostly Perception. I normally make these up as I go along, but recently after a series of poor results I’m wondering if I’m setting them too high. Is there any kind of guideline in the Core Rulebooks? I’ve had a quick look, but obviously I’ve failed the Perception test, as is normally the case when you actually need to find something.

If there is no official guideline how do you go about assigning Difficulty Numbers?

Flowswithdrek

Re: Setting Difficulty Numbers

Postby Flowswithdrek » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Ok i knew if i posted this i would find it in the book somewhere, sods law and all that. p91 -92 GMG

The_Gun_Nut

Postby The_Gun_Nut » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:57 pm

It always happens doesn't it?
There is no overkill.

Only "open fire" and "I need to reload."

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Now if only i could find my wallet hmmm

The_Gun_Nut

Postby The_Gun_Nut » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Easy. Just go out and buy a new one, then you will find your old one.
There is no overkill.

Only "open fire" and "I need to reload."

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:40 pm

That sounds like your speaking from experience also lol.. I wonder does that logic hold right across the universe like the laws of motion and physics etc.

Return to “For Game Masters”