Astral Sight vs Life Sight

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Kasbak

Re: Astral Sight vs Life Sight

Postby Kasbak » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:40 pm

I always allowed Astral Sight (and all Talents of the like) to see through any barrier that was not living. So wooden walls of a cabin, sure. Still planted and growing trees, no. Wooden walls of a cabin with vines growing on it, no, that's a living barrier. I would also generally consider stone that is still connected to the earth to be living stone, following the mythos idea that the earth is alive. So if it's a dwelling or structure carved out of stone still attached to the earth, like a kaer or a cave, then the barrier is living. If it's made of stone that has been separated from the earth and put back together, like any sort of brick and mortar structure, then it's non-living.

With this distinction, it allowed Astral Sight to be used in a way I felt was logical, but had an easy stopping point from being overpowered. It also gave a means to actually blind Astral Sight users; people planning to capture adepts would carry fernweave bags to place over their heads and create a living barrier they could not see through.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “For Game Masters”