Timeline questions

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sundahk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Timeline questions

Postby Sundahk » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:22 pm

In 3ed and Classic they have little timeline boxes throughout the 'How it Came to Pass' section of the books. Next to some of the entries on these timelines there is a tilde (which if you don't know looks like this: ~). Does anyone know what it's for? I've looked an can't find any reference to it. It's driving me nuts.

And while I'm on the subject of timelines, does anyone know where I can find a comprehensive timeline that has everything up to the end of Barsaive at War?

Mataxes
Site Admin

Re: Timeline questions

Postby Mataxes » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:01 pm

When I put together the original timeline project many of the dates in the sourcebooks were vague and approximate, so anything with a tilde indicates the date is approximate.

In terms of a comprehensive timeline, I don't have my original timeline up online anymore, but it was pretty much the one that was in the Classic and ED3 books. I don't know if there is one out there that is a little bit more comprehensive.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:13 pm

Oh yeah, that was your timeline. I was wondering why I couldn't find it anymore. There's always the wayback machine.....

Sundahk

Postby Sundahk » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:34 pm

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:42 am

Duvvelsheyss

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:32 am

That's not a bad one, but I'm having trouble sourcing the references on some of the entries there. TDK is likely Throal: The Dwarf Kingdom, P1 is Parlainth (book 1), TE is most likely Theran Empire, UD appears be "Unpublished Dragons" just based on context and the info included. (referring to the version put out back in 2000 or so, before LRG did their print version).

My guess is the timeline on that page is sourced from another location (and I don't know where the whole Ardanyan thing comes in, as there is no reference -- it may be referring to events in the backstory of the ED3 adventure, or it might be personal campaign events). I'm also not thrilled that it has a significant portion of the history chapter down the sidebar.

Oh, and they seem to be using the Pathfinder ruleset (whether the version put out by RedBrick a few years back, or a custom version I couldn't say).
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Return to “For Game Masters”