karma use and other questions in 4th ed

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Lys
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: karma use and other questions in 4th ed

Postby Lys » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:26 pm

Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:27 pm

Oh, yeah, that's a good point. Sorry, read your post too quickly.

earcaraxe

Postby earcaraxe » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:31 pm

oh, now its clear! i have to get used to this "karma on optional talents" rule.

earcaraxe

Postby earcaraxe » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:34 pm

one more on use of karma: can karma be used on talents like wound balance/claw shape/tiger spring/air dance?

no, right? because they just substitute a value.

Lys

Postby Lys » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:21 pm

You can use karma on all those Talents provided you got them from your Discipline. While those Talents replace or bolster a given value, they still all affect a certain roll, and spending karma adds an extra d6 to that roll. Like for Tiger Spring and Air Dance, if you spend Karma on it then you get an extra d6 on your initiative roll. For Wound Balance you get an extra d6 on your roll to keep your balance. I believe Claw Shape affects Unarmed damage, so spending karma on it means you get an extra d6 on the Unarmed damage test on which you used Claw Shape.

Swingwombat

Postby Swingwombat » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:26 pm

I thought in 4th ed you can you Karma on all these and an additional Karma if they are a discipline talent or have I read things on here incorrectly?
Swingwombat
---------------------------------------------------------------
Faylaa - Windling Windscout 4th Circle, Protector Of Ardanyen

Panda

Postby Panda » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:50 am

Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

earcaraxe

Postby earcaraxe » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:43 am

Panda, u are very kind to provide such an in-depth answer. I'm not sure, i would have guessed those mechanics by myself.

So if someone uses air dance (as disc talent) and also has the ability to use karma on initiative test, then he can use 2 karma dice on the initiative roll?

Panda

Postby Panda » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:06 am

This is correct and you are very welcome. To be wholly clear, this would also be the case if Air Dance (or Cobra Strike, for that matter) was a talent option.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Baravakar

Postby Baravakar » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:43 pm

Return to “For Game Masters”