black market

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
kevsur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

black market

Postby kevsur » Wed May 21, 2014 4:23 pm

Question to you other GMs how do you handle when a player wants to check out the black market for items?

Kasbak

Re: black market

Postby Kasbak » Wed May 21, 2014 4:32 pm

I don't think I've ever actually had a player go looking for a black market (though I have had several go looking for items to steal). However, I would probably just have them make their rolls as normal and adjust the result level needed depending on the area. Average results for areas that are already the seedy underbelly, one higher for your run-of-the-mill town areas, and two or more higher for better kept places with a higher guard presence.

Slimcreeper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Slimcreeper » Sat May 24, 2014 10:30 am

Aren't 'black markets' usually more metaphoric than a literal place people gather? So the player would need to make contact with the person who wanted to sell/buy the item? Also, why is the item black market? Are they dodging taxes or moving illegal goods (banned or stolen?)

etherial

Postby etherial » Sat May 24, 2014 11:12 am

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Sat May 24, 2014 11:22 am

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Sat May 24, 2014 2:17 pm

etherial

Postby etherial » Sat May 24, 2014 2:33 pm

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Sat May 24, 2014 4:21 pm

Heretikzer0

Postby Heretikzer0 » Sat May 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Ditto on Flowswithdrek, and have put in places similar things.

But with my players, they're aware of a sort of 'black market' but it usually involves buying and selling in ways that are considered against whatever common law happens to be locally available. Examples have included both Kratas and Travar, but I also have created clandestine trading spots in other locations as well. These are usually run by thieves, smugglers, raiders, and pirates of some lean or another.
Heretikzer0
Earthdawn Enthusiast
http://earthdawnadepts.blogspot.com/

kevsur

Postby kevsur » Sun May 25, 2014 8:07 pm

i mean when in kratas i had a player wanted to find the blackmarket and see what was there for items he had nothing set in mind what he was looking for

Return to “For Game Masters”