Discipline List

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
peterjk3
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Discipline List

Postby peterjk3 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:19 pm

I'm starting an Earthdawn 1st edition campaign, and have been doing some research. Is there a list of available disciplines and what book to reference them in anywhere. Found a lot of ED3 stuff was hoping you could help with some links I can't find.

etherial

Re: Discipline List

Postby etherial » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:16 pm

peterjk3

Postby peterjk3 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:10 pm

That is great. Thanks for your help.

Rajaat99

Postby Rajaat99 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:19 pm

The Earthdawn Journals had some as well.
Mystic Warrior and Inquisitor, ED Journal #2.
Spy, ED Journal #3.
Combat Mage, ED Journal #4. If I remember correctly, this discipline was crazy powerful.
Songsmith, ED Journal # 5.
Taildancer, ED Journal #6.

Heretikzer0

Postby Heretikzer0 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:37 am

I worked with the EDJ disciplines several times over the course of the years.

...and I'm very much disagreeing on the relative power of the Combat Mage. I spent years trying to improve it, and even now I'm far from feeling its complete. The recognizable balance between 'combat ready' spellcaster (as a wizard no less) and the ability to engage in melee combat is both a strength and a very large achilles heel. I am mostly looking forward to seeing how the new disciplines transition into 4th Edition before I tweak it further. If any of you are interested in checking out where my evolution of the discipline has gone, you can find it here: http://www.earthdawncompendium.com/disc ... a76a000002

Mystic Warrior was a very nice addition. We had few problems using it, though with some added tweaks we picked up from the Pugilist from Cathay, it really rounded out in our games. If any of you are interested, that write up is also here: http://www.earthdawncompendium.com/disc ... a76a00001d

The Spy I worked with once, can't really say it was anything special that you couldn't do with any other class just played AS a spy.

Songsmith was a nice addition to our group when it was being used, but I think this had more to do with the player than the actual discipline.

I fell in love with the Taildancer on first sight, and continued that affection even when it went through its evolution with 3rd Edition,and IMO its better now than it ever was.

The Inquisitor is one that needed the most tweaking, but was by far and large the most successful thing we ever added to our particular group. There are also several other variants that were around the web at the time of its creation. However, my version is posted here as well. : http://www.earthdawncompendium.com/disc ... a76a00001a

Not sure how backwards compatible friendly they may be to the OP. The originals can be found pretty easy on the web if you are so inclined to dig.
Heretikzer0
Earthdawn Enthusiast
http://earthdawnadepts.blogspot.com/

Return to “For Game Masters”