Good overview for new players

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Slimcreeper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Good overview for new players

Postby Slimcreeper » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:21 am

Hey, I've got more new players testing the waters. Is there a good overview already written up out there that I could point players to - very brief history, covering races & disciplines, and the idea of the mechanics? Just so they don't show up empty-minded?

Henghyoke

Re: Good overview for new players

Postby Henghyoke » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:47 am

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:15 am

You are suggesting they download and read the player portion, or that we run the adventure? It might work in a pinch, but I was hoping for more of a webpage that I could link directly to. Something more user friendly. I could just write it up, of course, but if someone's already invented the wheel . . .

Panda

Postby Panda » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:47 am

It may not be exactly what you are looking for, but here is the Introduction to a very long series of posts that I started a year and a half ago.

http://pandagaminggrove.blogspot.com/20 ... ction.html

There are embedded links at the end to other topics, including Disciplines, Names and Namegivers, and thread magic.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:46 am

Kaer Tardim was the intro adventure before Misguided Ambitions, and also has a good introductory chapter that can stand alone.

http://earthdawn.fasagames.com/download ... Tardim.zip

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:10 am

Thanks panda, I'll use that!

Panda

Postby Panda » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:09 am

Not a problem, glad that I could help. Let me know if there are any questions to be fielded.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Return to “For Game Masters”