Most Extensive and Crazy Houserules

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Dougansf
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Most Extensive and Crazy Houserules

Postby Dougansf » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:46 pm

3rd edition - page 141 (Spells chapter) under the description of Effect.

Ryval

Postby Ryval » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:03 pm

Thank you!! Evidently that little paragraph got lost between the example and the column change to the Casting. That'll be helpful.

Dougansf
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dougansf » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:10 pm

I can't remember any houserules from when we played ED1 back in the 90's. Other than forgetting about Knockdown. But we didn't use a battlemap then, so it was a little loose.

The following certainly isn't a crazy houserule, but it's the only one we had in our short run of ED3 a few years ago.

We were using an online battle map with directions for facing, thus allowing for Harried and Blindside attacks. However, there was no rule we could find to prevent someone from using their Movement to run around and hit you in the Blindside every round. Thus making face to face duels into ridiculous circling backstabs.

We ruled that if someone is adjacent to you at the start of their turn, and moves around you, then you can change your facing at the same time.

Danger

Postby Danger » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:13 am

N-Pendzialek

Postby N-Pendzialek » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:06 pm

Just finished last week, and i guess it fits to this topic.
It's a free download. Enjoy.

http://nicopendzialek.de.tl/Earthdawn-_ ... -Bonds.htm

bleeding

Postby bleeding » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:10 pm

Well, I didn't create any crazy house rules but I had a house rule that I found interesting.
If you use Avoid Blow but don't success, your result becomes your Physical Defense, thus you can still be hit but nullify an armor-defeating hit.

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:29 pm

Ooh, that could be bad on a down ended roll. Shift the wrong way and not only do you take damage on that hit, you leave yourself open to get pummeled by everyone else that round. It's harsh, but I kind of like it.

Tanthalas

Postby Tanthalas » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:02 pm

I'm one of the Legends of Barsaive guys. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Bawdy Jokes? PM me!

bleeding

Postby bleeding » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:43 pm

Dougansf

Postby Dougansf » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:07 pm

Return to “For Game Masters”