couple of clarifications

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
galafrone
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

couple of clarifications

Postby galafrone » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:04 pm

1) It's the damage roll (an effect test) considered an action test ? and so penalized from harried / knocked down / overhelmed conditions ?
i say yes, in the action tests definition, the effect tests are comprised, so the effect test is just a kind of an action test.

2) reattuning on the fly
when i reattune a matrix, i am not also weavings thread for a spell right ?
that is, i want cast a 1 thread weave spell that i dont have in a matrix
- round 1 i reattune (thread weaving test, right number after the slash)
- round 2 i thread the weave (thread weaving test, left number after the slash)
- round 3 i cast the spell (spellcastin test)

arma

Re: couple of clarifications

Postby arma » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:00 am

correct
Best kaer anywhere.

TheQuicksilver

Postby TheQuicksilver » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:08 pm

I have never considered damage/effect tests to be "actions," since they are resultant from an action to begin with.

slayride
Site Admin

Postby slayride » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:14 pm

They are actions (free), and they are Action Tests. See Action Tests p.14 of the Player's Guide. Generally any die roll is an Action Test. Regardless of any penalties, the minimum result for any test is 1.

Return to “For Game Masters”