Favorite NPC's

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tsarak
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Favorite NPC's

Postby Tsarak » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:53 pm

Hey all,

Just looking to see if anyone has an NPC or two they've encountered in the Earthdawn books that they can't help but play favorites with. I've only scoured about half the material out there, but is there someone I still really need to meet?

Personally, I can't seem to leave Berry Blossom behind. :thumbup:

Rogan Rubyeye

Re: Favorite NPC's

Postby Rogan Rubyeye » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:00 am

Sogora the inept adventurer/bandit from Mists of Betrayal. Half of his woodland bowmen broke their bows or shot one another in the ambush against the party en route to Blood Wood (easy to roll countless 1's with D10s y'know). He barely escaped that debacle then got chucked out of the inn's upper storey window at the Midland Trading Post by an irate troll who didn't appreciate being woken up. Another ambush gone to pot. Deciding to cut his losses and return to Parlainth he yet again encountered the party on their return and lost his third ambush attempt in the streets of Haven - mainly by trolls pushing over a wall onto his cunningly placed archers!

Leaving Haven/Parlainth he sets up with some scorchers to rob trade caravans en route to Throal. Adventuring party with one of previous trolls encounter that encampment and it ends with lots of burning ork tents and an icy plunge into a mountain river for our luckless thief/bandit. After tha he relocates to Bartertown and tries the old black market and skullduggery thing with some Theran sympathisers until another group of adventurers show up, with the "other" troll from the first few encounters and subsequently ruin that enterprise.

His last encounter was "Oh-ho some little lost heroes to plunder...[smirk, smirk]" Troll walks around the corner, covering the rear of the party. "[shocked face goes white & small high-pitched voice & pointing trembling finger] TROLL!!! kill it, kill it, kill it!" Before legging it away on a stolen horse when the paerty started to trounce his accomplices and chased him into the barn. :D
"I spy, with my Targeting Eye..."

zayven

Postby zayven » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:35 am

Pretty much everybody from the Hand of Corruption. The picture of Postrish in the Barsaive box set's GM book was certainly a favorite of mine when I was 15. Nothing like a dark haired, mysterious woman that wants to help strike the killing blow to a mortally wounded world. The tskrang that headed up the Assassins branch of the Hand was awesome too. I think his name was Nugh (don't have a book handy at the moment). I always thought it was cool that he was a thief who "stole" lives. The fictional write-up on the Hand that appeared in the Secret Societies of Barsaive was one of my favorite pieces from 1st edition.

Rogan Rubyeye

Postby Rogan Rubyeye » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Also used Hithorn the windling merchant *cough* Questor of Chorrolis *cough* to introduce certain players to one another more than once. Then of course, there's Vardeghul of Haven. Always love seeing the look on players faces when they're charged fro even seeing the product list. ;)
"I spy, with my Targeting Eye..."

Return to “For Game Masters”