Order of published scenarios for a campaign?

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Psychman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Order of published scenarios for a campaign?

Postby Psychman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:10 am

I remember seeing a thread a while back on the old Red Brick forums that suggested an order in which to use published scenarios for a campaign. It started with Ardanyen's Revenge, and included the Shards Book 1, which I have. I am intending to run a campaign and as I have limited experience of GMing and haven't run Earthdawn before, the suggested list would be useful.

I wonder if someone with better Forum Search-Fu than me would be kind enough to locate it and post up the link? ;)

Flowswithdrek

Re: Order of published scenarios for a campaign?

Postby Flowswithdrek » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:39 am

If the list was on the old forums then its likely gone unless someone has a copy of it. Ardanyan's Revenge is a good starting point if you wish start inside the kaer, and it is especially good if he players have no experience of Earthdawn (they don't know the Scourge is over). If your starting outside the kaer then Ardanyan's Revenge can be played at almost any point as many of the NPC's are (from memory) around 7th Circle and can offer challenges in different ways depending on the average circle of your group.

I started my group with my own homebrew introductory scenario designed to pull the group together and give them common cause, then A Journey to Lang, Ardanyan's Revenge, The Flames of Avarice, Tournament Troubles, Pale River, then some of the free downloads Adventure Resource Frameworks. If you already have the books my advice is read them and then play them in the order that makes sense for your group, that's how it worked for me. I managed to weave many of the effects and consequences of my groups actions into the other adventures to give it the feel of a campaign.

Return to “For Game Masters”