ED3 Superman/-woman

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Uli
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ED3 Superman/-woman

Postby Uli » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:33 am

I plan to go with a human warrior with maxed STR for several reasons.
Warrior: Unarmed Combat as a discipline talent, Wood Skin for toughness, and optimal Durability for even more toughness.
Human: Versatility for Body Control, Great Leap, Windcatcher, and finally Gliding Stride, which is IMO the best version to emulate flight, as it does not rely on lengthy spellcasting.
Equipmentwise I would go for a Crystal Scale Mail or Living Crystal Armor (blue main outfit and direly needed damage resistance), a Strength Booster (duh), Absorb Blow & Deathcheat bloodcharms.

I have found no workable way to combine this with any possible emulation of heat and x-ray vision or the freezing breath.

Naturally, the infant hero was found by caring yet childless farmers, after he was the sole survivor of a mysterious air boat which crashed in the fields around the farm. :)

Do you think there is a better way to this superhero? Note: I intend to discuss the possibilities of building such a character, not the use of doing so in general. ;)

Telarus_KSC

Re: ED3 Superman/-woman

Postby Telarus_KSC » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:53 pm

Astral Sight & a Frost Pouch leap to mind.

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Or Named minty chewing gum. That's how it works in the commercials.

Uli

Postby Uli » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:21 am

Thanks for the suggestions. After giving it some thought, I decided to switch to an obsidian purifier with maxed strength. One the one hand, it does incredible melee damage, is also quite tough, but receives on the other hand Lifesight, which I could use to look through inorganic walls! The Journeyperson Talents & Options are almost perfect, too: Crushing Blow, Steel Thought, Resist Taunt, Temper Self, Lionheart, Astral Sight... I want them all.
For improved resiliency, I would obviously still go for the heaviest armor availible, possibly including a stone plate mail out of blue quartz, lapis, blue marble, sodalite, or lazarite. Unfortunately, I now have to beg my GM to allow me flight via artifact.

Do you think a Thystonius questor can still have this cool, charitable thing going while being bold, fearless, and ever-ready to fight the good fight? Moreover, would you prefer the human (flight via Versatility: Griding Stride) or the obsidian version (MORE STRENGTH)?

ukhata

Postby ukhata » Wed May 29, 2013 8:25 am

windling cup of friendship gives power of flight

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:14 am

There's also the Named Spell route, and the very rare blood charm that mimics that.. um Wings of Fire (See ). They have a Toughness based duration, so that would work out well....

Return to “For Players”