Quotes from sessions

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Kremlin KOA
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Quotes from sessions

Postby Kremlin KOA » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:19 am

Okay from last night's session of Zombie Kat's game

We had encountered a half dozen Jehuthras, along with a pair of oversized super Jehuthras.
Nethermancer(Me): "Jehuthras, Serve me or die!"
Weaponsmith: "What do we do if they choose option 1?"
Nethermancer(me): I hadn't thought of that.

treorai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Quotes from sessions

Postby treorai » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:02 pm

Player of the (then) 5th Circle Troll Cavalryman: "How much falling damage could I possibly take? I have a high Death Rating anyway." The fall knocked him out.

From the game I run set in Vasgothia, where the players are actually playing Theran peacekeeping agents:
Cavalryman: "That's it. Every time we go to an inn, someone either traps us inside with a million Pass Wards, or tries to poison us to death. I'm through with inns."
Nethermancer: "Well, we do have two child slaves. We can just send them into buildings ahead of us to make sure we will be able to come back out."
Cavalryman: "Oh, yeah. I forgot about them. Yeah, we'll do that from now on."
My Fading Suns Epic:

Kremlin KOA

Postby Kremlin KOA » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:37 pm

Last night's session: the campaign is renewed after the post christmas hiatus.

Troll Weaponsmith: "You're going to kill him and ressurect him to see if the poison stops affecting him? That is playing with forces namegivers were not meant to know!"
My Nethermancer: "It's what I do."
Troll Weaponsmith: "I noticed. Is nothing sacred to your kind?"
My Nethermancer: "knowledge is sacred to us."

a few minutes later:
My Nethermancer: "No loud noises please. I just want to bled him to death, not chop his whole head off. Otherwise the resurection would be harder."

Much later, when the prisoner shows to still be under the effects of the poison:
My Nethermancer: "I should have questioned him before bringing him back from the dead."
Troll weaponsmith: "well you should have thought of that before. Killing him again would just be cruel at this point."
Note that said prisoner was tied up and within earshot. Also seemingly getting more paranoid by the minute.

At one point the increasingly paranoid prisoner finally makes the troll lose his patience.
Troll Weaponsmith: "Can you make him shut up?!"
My Nethermancer: *turns to the prisoner*"Please keep talking, I am learning so much about you from what you are saying. What is your favorite food?"
Prisoner: "Iopan Salmon." *he then proceeds to remain silent for the rest of the session.* Note: he was lying about the salmon. In Zombie Kat's Barsaive, Iopan Slamon is shite salmon.

Flagg

Postby Flagg » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:00 am

Character to the windling attempting to revive him with a drink of water:

"What kind of crappy magical mosquito are you? There's no booze in this!"
Looking for more Earthdawn stuff? Visit the !

Kremlin KOA

Postby Kremlin KOA » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:05 pm

Shopkeeper: "I've never seen a Nethermancer who was a Questor of Florannus before."
Me: "Why not, Florannus is the Passion of win. Nethermancers are Win elementals."

After a battle with a village of Ogres, where they attacked us and we killed about 40.
Ogre: "Why should we help you?"
Troll Weaponsmith: "Well, we could stop being nice and merciful..."

Much later on:
Troll Weaponsmith: 'Of course we kill them, what else do we do with 300 Cadaver men?"
Windling Illusionist: "Well... He could enslave them, use them against the horror?"
Troll Weaponsmith: "Because that worked so well with the Jehuthrae"

EDIT: half asleep me got passion names confused

Kremlin KOA

Postby Kremlin KOA » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:55 am

Windling: "You can't make me more awesome, I can fly."

T'skrang Swordmaster: *Makes perception check to hear horror in ethereal darkness* "Peek a boo, I see you!!" *rolls snake eyes* "...but I am gonna hit the column instead."

"You'd best start believing in troll stomachs, You're in one." successful attempt to scare a windling thief.

Troll Weaponsmith: "Hello Bitch!" (to the horror he was hitting)
T'Skrang Swordmaster: "Is that how you greet all your women?"
My Nethermancer: "It's a troll thing."
Troll Weaponsmith: "Does it matter? I am putting my axe in its arse!"
My Nethermancer: "Yup, a troll thing"

In reference to using shadow tether on flying griffins to slam them into the ground.
Windling Illusionist: "That's mean."
My Nethermancer "How is that different from killing it with an Ephemeral bolt or 5?"
Windling Illusionist: "That's just tricking them. If they are dumb enough to fall for it, they deserve to die."

T'Skrang Swordmaster: "Never look a gift dragon in the mouth."
Troll Weaponsmith: "Or otherwise you can start believing in dragon stomachs."

Also can people other than me get into ED campaigns and make some more quotes happen?

Lord of Badlands

Postby Lord of Badlands » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:46 pm

Kremlin KOA

Postby Kremlin KOA » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:58 am

Okay not a very quotable session this week

(talking about an Illusionism trainer.)
Troll Weaponsmith: How are you going to afford the silver for the training? That old Fraud's tricks don't come cheap.
My Nethermancer: He's not an old fraud.
Troll Weaponsmith: Of course he is. That is his job description.

Although we did get a few "You gonna quote that one?" "Oh HELL no! I would get banned fromt he forums."
Two of my fellow players (The guy who does the T'Skrang Swordmaster, and the girl who plays the windling Illusionist) had a really stressful weekend and thus had minds in the gutter as stress relief.... wierd session

TarlimanJoppos

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Female t'skrang to male t'skrang after both had just found out that their race will die out at the end of the Fourth World: "Well, we do have two thousand years."
Male t'skrang in response: "Yeah, we do have to do our part to keep the birth rate up while we can."
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:06 pm

One from a little while ago in Tarliman's campaign.

Back story: The group is traveling in Cathay. Our Ork Weaponsmith, who is a Questor of Garlen, made a pilgrimage banner for his Passion and was looking for a staff to raise it on, so that he can be traveling under the banner of a Passion of healing and thus be less subject to political difficulties. The staff he ends up obtaining (quite by accident) ends up being a very powerful magical item of one of Cathay's gods of healing. The group contains several max rank lightbearers, which means we can astral shift back home when needed. He takes the staff out of Cathay to go home (which means it crosses the border twice, once going out, once coming in). This gets the attention of the Great Dragon Feng, who has a message waiting for him at the border the next time he goes to leave. He is summoned to Feng's court to explain himself for preparing to take the staff out of Cathay for a third time without permission. When Feng finds out it was only once, and his clerks made a counting error, he facepalms.

Feng: Why is it so difficult to find members of the lesser races that can count to three?
T'Skrang Elementalist: (not very good at keeping her wits around dragons, blurts this like a child) I CAN COUNT TO THREE!
Me (OOC, wasn't present): Well, adepts are known for going to dragons and telling them about their great feats of strength...

Return to “For Players”