Quotes from sessions

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
TarlimanJoppos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Quotes from sessions

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:26 pm

See http://fortetsa-hebo.com/pmwiki-2.1.27/ ... 1513-05-16 for the artwork of Feng one of our players drew up for the scene.
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

Slimcreeper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Slimcreeper » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:45 pm

So this group is starting a new adventure arc; traveling with a caravan sponsored by the Exploratory Force and House Neumani to open a new Kaer in the Caucavic mountains. Just before setting out, one of the huttawa suddenly rears up and attacks as Trade Mistress Ponda Neumani is thanking the animals for their service in the upcoming expedition. The obsidiman warrior strides forward to wrestle it into submission. The t'skrang troubadour breaks out his flute because music 'soothes the savage beast, right?' The winding illusionist turns expectantly to the troll beast master, as do I. Clearly a situation for dominate beast, right? Except she never picked up dominate beast. So the troubadour starts playing his flute and rolls a 39. This is the greatest flute solo in the history of Bartertown. A crowd gathers - not to help with the rampaging huttawa, which the troubadour has completely forgotten, but to check out the wicked awesome flutist. He puts out a hat and earns 9 silver.

The obsidiman explodes his grapple test, putting the carnivorous beast in the mother of all headlocks. Immediately the illusionist starts blasting it with ephemeral bolts. Meanwhile their boss, Ponda, is freaking out - "what are you doing? don't hurt him! We need him to pull the everliving wagon!"

Once the Huttawa is down, Ponda walks over and slaps the bejesus out of the windling. "I avoid it," says the player. "Okay, I'll roll it," I laugh. She hits, explodes on the damage and does 17 points of stun damage. "Like I said, she slaps the bejesus out of the windling."

James Lascannon

Postby James Lascannon » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:18 am

We had an elven swordmaster out in front scouting for us. He comes tearing back around a corner screaming "Bees. Big F'ing Bees!" Everyone else in the party is giving wtf looks to each other. Then a swarm of blood bees comes around the corner.

The bees line has stuck with us for years.

Swingwombat

Postby Swingwombat » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:19 am

"You're the wrong species to dominate my tail"
Female T'Skrang to MAle Troll Beastmaster after his miss at dominating a water snake.

"Grave Robbing is a bit below us" - Beastmaster
"No it's not!" - Thief

Thief after Beastmaster had just torn a croajin apart who had attacked the sleeping (while on watch) thief "Bad kitty!"

Thief after rescuing a very waterlogged Windling who had fallen into the river "I'm resisting the urge to wring you out right now."
Swingwombat
---------------------------------------------------------------
Faylaa - Windling Windscout 4th Circle, Protector Of Ardanyen

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:18 pm

:lol:

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:52 pm

Going through some of the notes from a campaign I ran years ago; the group stopped at a farm, and while there the Nethermancer was getting some instruction on Animal Handling. He down ended his test and got himself kicked in the groin by a cow. While he was laying on the ground in agony, he calls to the Elementalist:

Nethermancer: Cold is part of your thing! Do you have anything that could help with this?
Elementalist: [looking through the spell list] Well, I've got Ice Spear...
Nethermancer: ... Okay, we're done here.

Return to “For Players”