ED3 Wind Catcher Talent

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
meerkat
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ED3 Wind Catcher Talent

Postby meerkat » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:21 pm

Hmm guess I'll try another question.

This time it is the Wind Catcher Talent. This is supposedly for "when falling from a height, the adept controls his descent by making a WInd Catcher Test".

However this is a standard action so how does this work? Is it I am about to jump off this cliff so I declare this as my action and then walk off as part of my movement?

What happens when the bad guy bone dances you off an edge of a cliff in his turn?

Its a standard action so you can't do it in some else turn so does that mean you fall to your doom while if you had planned to jump off in your own turn you would be fine?

Telarus_KSC

Re: ED3 Wind Catcher Talent

Postby Telarus_KSC » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:04 pm

As written, it does seem like it's an "activate before jumping" Talent (to fit with Sky Raider Tactics). I think it's a Standard Action because that would prevent you from making an attack test the same round (unless you fall really far). I guess this could be clarified (how far does one fall ion a round?) with a low rank Knack that allows you to sacrifice your next action to trigger Wind Catcher.

The_Gun_Nut

Postby The_Gun_Nut » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:44 pm

In six seconds, a body falls 576 feet. Six seconds is a long time, and IMO plenty of time for someone trained in Wind Catcher to activate the talent on the way down.
There is no overkill.

Only "open fire" and "I need to reload."

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:27 am

I would start trying to repel the ground with panicked screaming during second one, even without training.

Return to “For Players”