Alternative Blood Magic rules

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Banjo666
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alternative Blood Magic rules

Postby Banjo666 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:20 pm

Savaged Earthdawn Alternative Blood Magic House Rules

Preamble: It is my honest opinion that current approach to Blood Magic and other equipment like Living armour, that in Earthdawn cause relatively minor penalties, in the Savage Worlds conversion the cumulative -1 to Vigor rolls is much too severe a penalty. So I am putting forward these alternative rules for handling Blood Magic.

Instead of taking a -1 to Vigor rolls for Blood Magic and Living Armour etc.., the Adept loses 1 point off his maximum Karma total for each -1 Vigor penalty.

Non-adept NPCs are allowed up to half their Spirit die in Blood Magic +. Of course it is up to the GM if he wants his NPCs to have Blood Magic.

I think this approach restores the granular effects of the Strain cost in Earthdawn.

Cheers, Chris

Return to “For Players”