Theran Empire Namegivers 4th ED

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
etherial
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Theran Empire Namegivers 4th ED

Postby etherial » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:26 pm

Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Telarus_KSC » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:01 pm

Whoa, really? Oooh, wait, these, yah: http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Metahumanity

Hm, I would do many of those differently, but there are some interesting ideas there.

Drall

Postby Drall » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:14 am

I was always a big fan of the Meta Variants in Shadowrun, I played a Hobgoblin in a campaign about 20 years ago.

The Cathay Books for Earthdawn introduced some new Namegiver races and some variants and in addition to the four Namegivers features in Theran Empire there was also a Vasgothian Ork variant called the Gruthrump who I will also be giving the full 4th Edition write up. I'm thinking of toying with their starting attributes slightly and giving them Heat Sight instead of Low Light; similar to the Pale T'skrang. I'm not sure about their Ghahad, but seeing as they live in closed communities in the Limestone Caverns under the Deep Forest, I'm thinking they may have developed a way to release/control their Ghahad as their settlements are underground and cramped.

For the Theran Game I'm running in Vasgothia; I am also introducing an Elf variant called the Celtani who are from my world's version of Britain; Brycenia.
They have essentially been sent by the Druids to colonise parts of Vasgothia to learn more about the Theran Empire; which is getting closer and closer to discovering more about Brycenia.

They are larger and more physically imposing than normal Elves, and have a culture centred around the worship of a Passion called Vartook; the Destroyer Wolf. They even have natural weaponry in the form of claws and fangs that they believe to be gifts from their patron Passion and many use Blood Charms to enhance these features further.

I'll add both the Gruthrump and the Celtani to the thread for anyone who is interested in them; next up should be the Ulk Men and the Jubruq; I'm just waiting on my wife to do the artwork. My biggest issue with the Namegivers of the Theran Empire is that they didn't seem that playable or desirable for players so I wanted to change that with the new artwork and updated rules.

I already have a player chomping at the bit to play a Jackalman Swordmaster and another who wants to be Leafer Scout attached to the 5th Legion.

wsocrates

Postby wsocrates » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:07 pm

Return to “For Players”