Theran Empire Namegivers 4th ED

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Drall
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Theran Empire Namegivers 4th ED

Postby Drall » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:25 am

Hey guys!

I'm updating the Namegivers from the Theran Empire Sourcebook for 4th Edition for use in my own campaign.
Here is a link for you to see the conversions and the artwork was done by my wife who is a tattooist and freelance artist.

I'll update this post as the material is completed.

Enjoy!
Jackalmen
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyg2g6q3z8cdt ... .docx?dl=0

Leafers
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y32ercxsrtoyx ... .docx?dl=0
Last edited by Drall on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

etherial
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 4th Edition Jackalmen

Postby etherial » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:30 pm

Jackalmen don't bite with their tails (there's a typo in the Maneuver you've listed). I don't have the Theran Empire book on me, so is there a reason you gave them a Bite version of Tail Attack instead of Grab and Bite?
Last edited by etherial on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spader

Postby Spader » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:48 pm

Str+4 seems high for a bite.

Nice pic dought.

Drall

Postby Drall » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:41 pm

Hey guys.

Yeah the tail thing was a typo, so I've corrected that. I'm not familiar with the Grab and Bite move where is that listed?

If it involves grappling the opponent first before being able to bite then I won't be using it personally. Wolves and dogs are quite capable of delivering powerful bites without needing to worry about grappling first.

I did think the +4 Step Damage seemed high, but that's how it is written in Theran Empire p.169 and I saw no need to change it.

etherial

Postby etherial » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:03 pm

Drall

Postby Drall » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:19 pm

If you want to use the creature ability from the GM's Guide for the Jackalmen, then you're welcome to do so and it certainly works.

As written it's simply an unarmed attack like the T'skrang tail attack.

wsocrates

Re: Theran Empire Namegivers 4th ED

Postby wsocrates » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:34 pm

Does anyone know what the official Line from Fasa is going to be with more Name Giver Races? I know the tie in is not official anymore but I always thought it funny that Shadowrun at the beginning of their world had more name giver races than Earthdawn at the middle of theirs?

etherial

Postby etherial » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:38 pm

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:23 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:34 pm

Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Return to “For Players”