? on Gencon 2016 LoB games

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ws6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

? on Gencon 2016 LoB games

Postby ws6 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:48 pm

Where can we find details on what we need for this? What is/isn't allowed, special living rules, character sheets, etc? The link we got from gencon with the registration goes to a bank word press page.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Re: ? on Gencon 2016 LoB games

Postby Mataxes » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:30 pm

I've asked the guy organizing the LoB games to pop in and address this for you. I don't know offhand what the plan is.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Tanthalas

Postby Tanthalas » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:20 am

ws6, thanks for asking! I was planning on making a post here as soon as we had the 'Haven Guidebook' ready for a release on the linked site, but unfortunately editing and changes are slowing the process down and now Gen Con is right around the corner! Still, the adventures have all been written and play tested and my team and I are eager to get the idea out there.

Legends of Barsaive will be a persistent 'Living Campaign' that will feature heroes travelling throughout the region of Barsaive using the 4th Edition rules. For now, all the adventures are themed around the boom town of Haven, exploring how that region has changed since the second Theran War.

Players enrolled to play in the 'Prologue' adventure will have a chance to make characters at the table while discussing fluff and rules changes relevant to 4th edition.

If you are not enrolled in the Prologue adventure, you can either come to the table with a 1st Circle character made using standard 4th edition rules, or you can pick up any one of the first circle pregens our DMs will have available. If you want to pop in and take a pregen, you can always decide to create a character later and transfer any experience/equipment gained in the adventures.

Legends of Barsaive will be using the standard rules presented in the 4th edition Player's Guide(and not to use any of the optional rules presented, just for consistency). So far there is nothing we are aware of in the Player's Guide that warrants a ban from the Legends campaign, so making a standard character should be completely fine.

There WILL be some minor changes to Thread Items and Group Patterns for the purpose of community play, but that shouldn't effect character creation.

By the time Gen Con rolls around we hope to have posted:
- A Character Quick Generation Guide
- Pregenerated 1st Circle Characters for all 15 Disciplines
- The Haven Guidebook: A Reference to Haven's Current state as well as the rule changes that will govern Legends of Barsaive

A post will be made to this forum as soon as these documents are put up. Thanks again for your interest!
I'm one of the Legends of Barsaive guys. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Bawdy Jokes? PM me!

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:01 pm

Ooooh, NEAT. :cheerleader:

ws6

Postby ws6 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:24 pm

thanks for your replies. I am use to living campaigns (play/run a lot of SR and missions). good to hear that there isn't a lot of restrictions and such in the game so far.

earthdawn66

Postby earthdawn66 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:58 pm

would have loved to get into those listed games but sadly not enough time at GenCon between Running games and playing games..... but will try if an opening was available

Tanthalas

Postby Tanthalas » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:46 pm

I only sold six tickets and I am willing to run with eight as long as all my ticketed players don't mind the extra crowding. If you have the inclination to try to get in on generics you can probably find a seat. Good luck! :D
I'm one of the Legends of Barsaive guys. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Bawdy Jokes? PM me!

earthdawn66

Postby earthdawn66 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:54 pm

I will do my very best to squeeze the time in between my Running Games and other commitments.... Thanks

Tanthalas

Postby Tanthalas » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:24 am

Thanks to all those that came out and kept my tables full! I hope everyone had a fun Gen Con. Keep your eyes peeled for more official LoB business to get posted to this forum soon (TM).

Return to “For Players”