Earthdawn Character Editor/Generator

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Ogolar

Re: Earthdawn Character Editor/Generator

Postby Ogolar » Sat May 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Grathus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Grathus » Sun May 06, 2012 6:11 am

Ogolar

Postby Ogolar » Sun May 06, 2012 3:43 pm

No you can´t!
Your right.

That´s annoying! We need to implement a possiblity to remove the last rank!
Thanks

Ogolar

Postby Ogolar » Mon May 07, 2012 11:49 am

Good News,

the problems reported by Grathus is fixed in the new release 0.41

@Grathus: Thanks for your feedback

Here comes the ChangeLog
## EarthdawnCharacterEditor-0.41-20120507.zip ##
+ Bugs
-> Talent knacks can now also be removed
-> The possibility to have more woven thread ranks than the items total thread rank is now removed
-> No you can also have an empty portrait if you really want.
-> spell kind sorcery definition was missing in names.xml
+ More pictures with in the character portraits
+ Item store
-> All healing aid from PG added
-> All adventurers equipment from PG added
+ Own category clothes with in the inventory and item store
+ Where type of spell was shown, now element of spell will be shown
+ While elementalist can have an primary element, you can note your primary element, bonus and penalty are shown but not calculated
+ Thread item ranks can now be: delete, moved up, moved down
+ The status shield/armor/weapon can now also be removed again from a item thread rank
Last edited by Ogolar on Tue May 08, 2012 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grathus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Grathus » Tue May 08, 2012 8:19 am

:thumbup: :clap:

looks very cool everything.

Though a few other things i noted: :oops: :wave:
(if anything of the following notes are wrong and/or caused by stupidity, feel free to ignore them :D )

1. Adding a shield. I am unable to find a checkbox 'used'. It seems that as soon as i am adding the shield to my inventory it is always used. I am not sure, if this is intentional?
Also 'Location', and 'enchanting difficulty' is not fully visible on my screen, dont know, if this is the case in general

2. skills of the namegivers guide are missing, but that doesnt need much programming skills. i added them in my version, if you want to save some work, let me know, i can send that namegivers.xml to you per mail or something.

3.1 Thread item: adding a spell: the spell doesnt appear anywhere on the character sheet. Is it meant to appear on the spell list, or something?

3.2 Thread Item: This is just a comment: I dont know if this is intentional, but a stupid user (as i am ;) ) needs a bit time to get used to that:
If i add a property at rank 1, then i have to add this property at rank 2 as well, otherwise it vanishes.
For example: Rank 1: adding a talent bonus, Rank 2: adding spell defense bonus, then only rank 2 is used and i loose my talent bonus at rank 1

3.3 Thread Item: Adding an additional Recovery Test as a feature, doesnt seem to change number of Rec Tests in the health box, or on the character sheet. The same with karma dice and spell ability (what should that do?). With initiative bonus it works fine.

3.4. Again just a comment, may be add an option to increase the max number of karma points.

Last but not least: A wish for the (probably not so near) future (if it is already included, then i apologize, i couldnt find the option):
would it be possible to add some more optional rules like
'Enduring Armor by Strength' (PG, p.254),
'Aligning Talents and Skills' (PG, p. 240),
'Realigning Durability' (PG, p.243) ?

badbud65

Postby badbud65 » Tue May 08, 2012 8:47 am

Firstly great tool, and great work.

One issue I've noticed is adding Common Magical Items, they don't appear on the character sheet when added via the shop. Have to add them manually still.

lortas

Postby lortas » Wed May 09, 2012 4:35 am

Grathus

Postby Grathus » Wed May 09, 2012 6:02 am

Ogolar

Postby Ogolar » Wed May 09, 2012 7:42 am

earcaraxe

Postby earcaraxe » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:46 am

among the disciplines in this program there is a skyraider-assassin. what is that? in which rulebook?

fantastic work anyway, thank u very much!

Return to “For Players”