Earthdawn Character Editor/Generator

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
lortas
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Earthdawn Character Editor/Generator

Postby lortas » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:43 pm

There were some bugs with the form fields within the RB pdfs, I had to correct. This results in this new behaviour of the pfds. Hopefully I will be able to undo this unwanted side effect in the next (0.36) release. Keep watching. :)

By-the-way all your notes/infos/... can already be inserted into the charterer XML file and will also be exported to the pdfs. But unfortunately the GUI has no TAB to enter/modify these xml-fields. But this is on my todo list :)

I am also very unlucky with the state of the inventory editor. Hopefully I can motivate my GUI developer to go on with the inventory.

lortas
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby lortas » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi all, right now I have updated a new release (0.36) on sourceforge. At first, you will find a completely updated "General"-Tab and an little bit more functional "Inventory"-Tab. For more details take a look at the Change Log.

TheQuicksilver

Postby TheQuicksilver » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:19 pm

I, for one, wouldn't have any complaints if you wanted to create your own character sheet via LaTeX or something. I generally find that stock sheets (from any game, not just Earthdawn) usually leave a lot lacking for more experienced players.

Ogolar

Postby Ogolar » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:46 am

You can creat your own pdf by this instruction:

If included deployed character sheet do not suffice your needs. You may want to choose your own character sheet to be filled out by the character editor.

This is possible but you have to comply with the following requirements:

1) The character sheet is available as PDF document.
2) The PDF character sheet supports PDF form fields.
3) The PDF form fields are named analogue to one of the existing PDF character sheets.

You can take a look at the files *.data_fields.txt within the documentation folder of the ECE to see which field names exists in each PDF character sheet.

If you are able to fulfil the requirements above. You can just replace one of the existing PDF character sheets with yours.

But we would also be pleased, if you send your character sheet to us, so we can include it into the character editor as additional choice. So your character sheet will also be available to other Earthdawn people.

If you are not totally able to fulfil requirement 3 it may still be possible to support your character sheet. Just send it to us. Give us some comments with which field you have trouble. If possible, we may extend the character editors PDF export to support your fields.

If your are planning to create a new PDF character sheet supporting your character own/group needs, we would be really happy if you decide to use libreoffice/openoffice or scribus for your project.

Here is a old but still useful HowTo for creating PDF forms with openoffice:
http://danilop.wordpress.com/2008/07/02 ... penoffice/

You can fine the instruction how to creat your own pdf-sheet in the documentation file of the Charakter Editor.

Please understand, that at the moment there am many things with higher priority we are working on.

Ogolar

Postby Ogolar » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:15 pm

There ist a new release (0.37). Can be downloaded .
At our you can also find an add-on with the Paragorn from the .

The ChangeLog
## EarthdawnCharacterEditor-0.37-20120114.zip ##
+ Bugs
+ Now, player name will also be loaded
+ Remove function now delete the selected item in the inventor no longer the first
+ Realign of talents should now work
+ New disciplines
+ Sword Dancer
+ War Rider
+ Sorcerer
+ New spell type sorcery
+ General-Tab enhanced: Portrait is displayed and can now be changed
+ LP calculation will be detailed in the XML and can used view a Reset Spent LP button
+ For each discipline the half magic and karmaritual definition can be edit, default comes from the discipline definition
+ Halfmagic text will be print into the PDFs if there is a place for it
+ More dependencies between startrank and rank
+ LANGUAGE has the new attribute "notlearnedbyskill"
+ New tab "Languages", for editing languages and languages skills
+ Layout of almost all item types with in the inventory tab updated.
+ Default languages can now be defined for each namegiver
+ Race selection order by origin and race kind
+ Portrait and Language can be reset by changing race or gender
+ Config Syntax for GUI layout updated
+ Adding for almost all discipline half magic text templates

lortas

Postby lortas » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:14 am

Ogolar

Postby Ogolar » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:39 pm

There is just a new release of the ECE out (0.40)

Most importent is the new HTML-Export. So you can create a HTML-File of your character and use it in every browser on every device.

If you like, here is the new ChangeLog
## EarthdawnCharacterEditor-0.40-20120325.zip ##
+ XML
+ New attribute EditorPath within the character xml to find image dependencies
+ New attribute price for ITEMType
+ New xml element NAMESHORTCUTType for knowledge and artisan skills
+ THREADITEM description moved to parent ITEM and set to optional
+ ITEM enhanced with element IMAGE
+ new element CREATURE within ECCHARACTER
+ Icons of the Items are shown within the HTML view of the character XMLs
+ Tuning of HTML view of the character XMLs
+ Character can now be exported to an all-in-one/standalone HTML file (pictures and CSS are in-line)
+ A few new portrait pictures
+ More items from the players guide insert into the itemstore
+ thread item, knack and spell lists slitted into multiple files
+ Common Magic Items can now be added
+ The inventory of a character can now be exported as itemstore file
+ Image files moved from the directory template into its own folder
+ Thread Items can now have their own images
+ Credits are now shown in the about window
+ If multiple default character portraits are matching to characters race and gender, one is randomly chosen

badbud65

Postby badbud65 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:56 pm

I just love this tool, great work.... :thumbup:

Ogolar

Postby Ogolar » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:39 am

Thanks for the flowers.

Grathus

Postby Grathus » Thu May 03, 2012 5:43 am

Great Tool, thank you for this! :)

One little bug (at least on my system):
when i add the sorcerer discipline, no spell list appears. I get the message: "No Spells for the thread waving talent(s): [Sorcery]"
I tried to edit the config files a bit, but so far i am unable to find the problem. The spells are all present in the xml-files. Is that only a problem with my computer?

Then, not a bug, but a bit problematic:
if i add a thread item and add ranks, then it seems to be impossible to undo that. Is there a way to correct my mistakes?

Return to “For Players”