My ED 4 Questions

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Jaracove
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My ED 4 Questions

Postby Jaracove » Wed May 27, 2015 6:27 am

Page 210
"Tomas finds a lockbox under a false panel in the wall"

Then

"Unless specifically indicated by the particular ability, astral sensing does not enable an adept to detect the imprints or patterns of subjects hidden behind or within other objects."

But Tomas detected the lockbox which was hidden under the false panel in the wall.

Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My ED 4 Questions

Postby Mataxes » Wed May 27, 2015 8:23 am

Not with astral sight he didn't.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Wed May 27, 2015 9:59 am

etherial

Postby etherial » Wed May 27, 2015 12:40 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Wed May 27, 2015 1:19 pm

Astral sight is astral sensing.

But yeah, as etherial says, the example doesn't say anything about how he found the box (he's a Wizard, he has a high Perception), just that he found it behind/under a secret panel. Before he tries to open it, he examines it astrally to see if there are any magical traps.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Wed May 27, 2015 2:03 pm

That makes sense

Thanks all

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Wed May 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Page 244

"These Wounds last for a year and a day from the time the blood promise is broken, and will not heal naturally during this time. A character may attempt to heal the Blood Wound with a healing potion"

Just to clarify, this is saying the wound won't heal naturally, but can be healed with a healing potion?

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Wed May 27, 2015 3:56 pm

Correct. If I remember correctly, haling a Blood Wound like that leaves a "runic scar" that can be read (by anyone with Patterncraft, probably).

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Wed May 27, 2015 4:19 pm

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Fri May 29, 2015 1:38 am

Page 381

"For each Wound, a character suffers a cumulative –1 penalty to all tests."

Likewise

"The character gains a +3 bonus to his close combat Attack and Damage tests."

And again

"The character suffers a –3 penalty to his close or ranged combat Attack test"

There's a few of the above types throughout combat. Is the penalty applied to the result on the dice or to the Step number of the action?

Thanks all.

Return to “For Players”