My ED 4 Questions

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My ED 4 Questions

Postby Telarus_KSC » Fri May 29, 2015 2:17 am

Bonus and Penalties, ED4 Player's Guide page 33.

Basically, it's up to the GM, either all adjustments are to Step #, or temp adjustments are to results. In my game, legend increases, threads, curses, etc - permanent or semi-permanent things affect Step#. Anything more temporary adjusts the result. This is so players only have to adjust Step numbers when something big happens, not every round of combat.

Jaracove
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Jaracove » Fri May 29, 2015 2:22 am

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Fri May 29, 2015 12:02 pm

When will the hard copy be available for purchase in the UK?

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Fri May 29, 2015 7:52 pm

Not sure what you mean...

If you mean "when can my local game store order it?" The physical copies should be obtainable by stores from the publisher/distributor () -- though I don't see that their webpage has been updated to show the new Player's Guide. I know they have it, though,because they've shipped out a bunch of the books already.

You can order the book now through our web store (now that it's /finally/ back up) and have it shipped to you.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Sat May 30, 2015 2:15 am

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Sat May 30, 2015 6:43 am

Try the GamesKeeper in Oxford - they have good relations with distributors and rarely fail to get me items even if they don't actually stock it. Just send them an email. I always got my Earthdawn and Shadowrun games from them.

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Sat May 30, 2015 7:59 am

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Sat May 30, 2015 8:34 pm

So maybe this is obvious and I'm dumb ... What is the difference between the illusionist spells Switch, True Switch, and Form Exchange?

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sat May 30, 2015 9:44 pm

It requires a bit of visualization to get this one... so let me try and do it with text (I have an idea for showing this with a little video, but that will take some time to put together).

Let's give a situation: Character #1 is an Illusionist and being held in a jail cell. Character #2 is the guard.

Now some definitions:

A = actual location of character #1 (Illusionist)
B = actual location of character #2 (target)
a = apparent location of character #1
b = apparent location of character #2.
[ ] = The cell

So our starting situation is described as such:

[ Aa ] Bb

Switch changes the appearance only; it looks like the Illusionist and guard have switched places, but they have not.

[ Ab ] Ba

True Switch actually does what Switch appears to do; the Illusionist and guard actually switch places:

[ Bb ] Aa

Form Exchange changes both location and appearance; the Illusionist and guard switch places, and now they look like the other:

[ Ba ] Ab

Does that clear it up at all?
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

earthdawn66

Postby earthdawn66 » Sun May 31, 2015 7:51 am

why did i flash back suddenly to Algebra in High School.....

Return to “For Players”