Fourth Edition Player's Guide Errata and FAQ

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Fourth Edition Player's Guide Errata and FAQ

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:14 pm

Effect tests were always considered a subset of Action Tests, so penalties (Wound, Taunt, etc) applied to both to-hit and damage, and in general applied to most rolls made.

See this thread (beware, most of the rules talk is 3rd edition specific): viewtopic.php?f=18&t=937&p=6779

A bigger change, really, is that in 4e the 1st Wound isn't "free". Now, you start taking -1 penalties at the first Wound. It helps that you don't have to check for Knockdowns on all wounds, tho, that helps prevent the vortex of death scenario.

Baravakar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Baravakar » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:55 pm

Thanks for the answers. I just wanted to make sure it run per the rules.

Gkeckley

Postby Gkeckley » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:25 am

For the Woodskin talent you spend a recovery test and make a Woodskin test. The result is added to your health ratings and it lasts rank hours. In the past I always thought that this applied just to unconsciousness rating and death rating. But, in reading page 64 it would seem that technically wound threshold and recovery test are considered health ratings. Now I cannot see how the Woodskin test would add to your recovery test nor am I suggesting that it should. However, I can see the argument for the result being added to wound threshold. I have never run it that way but I am not sure if this was the intent or not. If it is it seems pretty powerfull for a 1 st circle talent. Can you provide some clarification on this?

Panda

Postby Panda » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:32 am

It still only applies to Death and Unconsciousness Ratings.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Gkeckley

Postby Gkeckley » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:50 pm

There are several talents, spells, entangling weapons, and the grappling test that require either a strength test or willpower test for the opponent to break free. I have always ruled that this requires a standard action. However, I cannot find this anywhere in the book. Am I missing this? With grappling it says it requires a strength test or unarmed test to break free. Since unarmed tests are a standard action it seems fair to extrapolate that the strength test is also a standard action. But I see no other reference to what type of action these tests are.

Baravakar

Postby Baravakar » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:59 pm

Baravakar

Postby Baravakar » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:56 pm

Last edited by Baravakar on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panda

Postby Panda » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:04 pm

No, it only takes one round to perform. This is irrelevant to duration.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Baravakar

Postby Baravakar » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Tracking takes an hour to perform before the test is made again. Book memory is minutes. The meet the definition for sustained actions.

You have not found the target or memorized the book within one round. The tracking lasts one hour and then if the target is not found you are allow to make a second test. This is not a standard action. They are both sustained actions taking as long as required until the book is memorized (at one page per minute) or until the tracked target is located or an hour has passed.

Either the definition of what is considered a sustained action has to be updated or these have to be changed to sustained actions. Please re-read page 123. (Uses the adept’s Standard Actions over time as indicated in the talent description) The duration is not irrelevant. The duration by definition is a sustained action.

Panda

Postby Panda » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:44 pm

No, Tracking lasts for one hour per success. It takes a standard action to perform. After this time you can perform other actions while utilizing the benefits of the Tracking talent.

Return to “For Players”