How many dice do I need? (3rd ed)

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Magic_Octopus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How many dice do I need? (3rd ed)

Postby Magic_Octopus » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:50 am

I just acquired the 3rd base books, and was wondering: how many dice should I have for the game? How high do the dice steps get in the first 5 circles, for example?

Baravakar

Re: How many dice do I need? (3rd ed)

Postby Baravakar » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:04 am

I encourage my players to always roll another die when the get a bonus roll. (not to pick the die back up and roll it again)

I would suggest to have 3-5 of each type of die. (d6; d8; d10; d12)

Mataxes
Site Admin

Re: How many dice do I need? (3rd ed)

Postby Mataxes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:41 pm

It depends on what you're after. At minimum I would recommend that you have at least 2 of each type -- with an extra d6 (for karma). As you get into higher steps, you start adding additional d12s, so having a couple extra of those is worth it as well.

If -- like Baravakar -- you don't want players rerolling the exploded dice, you may need a couple more extras for each type.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Return to “For Players”