Group Adventuring Logs

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Baravakar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Group Adventuring Logs

Postby Baravakar » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:00 pm

I am curious, how many people actually keep a written log of the adventures they play?

I would be nice to share these this the community. Maybe create our own The Great Library of Throal (tm).

Flowswithdrek

Re: Group Adventuring Logs

Postby Flowswithdrek » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:21 pm

My group is split on this. Some love it and keep a log of every adventure and others just don't enjoy that part of it and are happy to forego the Legend Point award.

etherial

Postby etherial » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:29 pm

Swingwombat

Postby Swingwombat » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:20 am

Some members of my group, myself as the main writer have a shared One Note file that has the journals of those that write one.

Our Troll Beastmaster decided that his form of a journal would be a beastiary, where, his ideas of strategy to fight them, and in which we also record any stats we gain from Creature Analysis. (my Windling Windscout tends to leave foot prints all over it when she adds her own notes :D )

Our Obsidiman Troubadour also keeps a poetry journal from the stories and songs she sing and learns.

My Windscout and our Elven Nethermancer keep a Potions and Poisons Books for the concoctions we know (we both have Alchemist)

I keep my Map case in there from the Maps drawn along the way.

There is also a section of Thread items we have gathered along the way along with what we have learnt about them.

We also keep a section on the Characters we have met along the way, NPCs, Masters, helpful innkeepers etc. what their feelings towards us are and if they are adepts what type and circle if we know or an approximation of we don't
Swingwombat
---------------------------------------------------------------
Faylaa - Windling Windscout 4th Circle, Protector Of Ardanyen

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:44 pm

I don't do fully written out journal entries for everything, but I do have all of my shorthand notes since I started playing. I started with a large, three subject notebook, and I'm into the third section now. My system is to write out any notes for the day on the front of the page, then total LP's on the back, with the occasional sketch, diagram, or memorable quote noted there as well. On average I fill a page for each session. I'm not sure how I'll handle things once it's full; I've always had the ability to just flip back through my notes to reference any day since I started, and it'll be difficult to adjust to having a second book.

earcaraxe

Postby earcaraxe » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:47 pm

i always do it as a player, and we always have huge laughs when read it aloud a couple years later :DD

definitely worth it!

Return to “For Players”