Question about Prima

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Harlequin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Question about Prima

Postby Harlequin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi Guys!

I'm new to this forum and I had a question regadring the passion Prima

I recently joined a quest that has been going on for some time and my character is a Human Illusionist from Talea.

From what the gamemaster told me, Prima is the main passion in Talea, however, I have almost no knowledge of this passion other that it is considered as the Passion that is yet to be.

Would anyone have some tips regarding Prima? What it represents and how I can put it to use in my roleplay?

Thank you so much for your help!

Regards

- H -

Panda

Re: Question about Prima

Postby Panda » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:24 pm

It's been a long time (over a decade) since I read the Theran Empire book (particularly the Talea section), but my recollection is that Prima is essentially god. Hopefully someone else will be along shortly to either correct that or fill in some additional information.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

slayride
Site Admin

Postby slayride » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:59 pm

Prima is a Passion of a God who is yet to be.
Primaists must not worship any other Passion but Prima according to the Paders (Sort of like questors for Prima). To worship another Passion causes ones exile from Primaism.
Following Prima means you must follow the edicts and ways of the Pompate and the Senior Paders. Some include: swearing off strong drink and good food, renouncing the arts of love, living in poverty, and forswearing acts of vengeance and violence.
Demetrek from the northern lands who claimed to see visions of Prima founded the religion. The Scourge and its aftermath was a time of spiritual void and in the next age Prima will be born and save those who follow him from the torment of the afterlife at the end of one's life in this age.
Followers are encouraged to tithe 10% of their earnings to Prima at his temples.
The Pompate’s Enici, who are Inquisitors and paladins of Prima, stamps out heresy. Following Prima and betraying Prima by worshiping other gods is not permitted.

Roleplaying. You can choose to be a follower of Prima and Primaism or you can choose to be a heretic who gives lip service to Prima to avoid the inquisition of the Enici but may either not believe or secretly worship a different Passion. Paders look down upon other religions, making you a bit arrogant if you choose to be a believer in Prima. You also probably feel the need to convert others to Primaism to save them from damnation. The other path is pretending to be a Pader when in truth you are a cynic that doesn't believe in a Passion that does not technically exist yet.

Harlequin

Postby Harlequin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Thanks a lot for taking the time to clarify.
This will help me a lot!

Cheers!

- H -

slayride
Site Admin

Postby slayride » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Your welcome. Not too many people play in Talea or have Theran Empire book to clarify things in it.

Return to “For Players”