Dumb Questions

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
ChrisDDickey
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Dumb Questions - Displace Self

Postby ChrisDDickey » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:11 am

OK, thanks. I am sure that the multiple attack thing is the big reason to use the spell. That had not occurred to me.

I had actually considered the dragon breath scenario, but looked it up and the cone of a dragons breath is just so freaking huge I doubt that a mere 2 yard movement would usually be enough to get out of the AoE. Still I agree that in theory it could work, plus for some traps, plus for some things like falling objects, trampling, etc.

I still think the spell ought to be more powerful. I agree it ought to provide a step bonus to Avoid Blow usage. Extra successes ought to provide a pool where with each avoid blow test the user can choose to add +2 to avoid blow or +2 to yards moved or some combination.

Of course since Wizards are one of only 2 disciplines that do not get access to Avoid Blow as a Talent Option in Novice levels, by the time a Wizard reaches 6th circle, he should be well versed in avoiding letting warriors next to him in the first place.

Thanks for the answers!

The Undying
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby The Undying » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:25 am

The Undying

Postby The Undying » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:29 am

Return to “For Players”