I read all this topics and see that there's a lot ideas here !
So, I think that you have to organize all topics
for clarity :
1- Create a dedicated Forum.
2- Create topics on each subject.
I'm french too and a great player of dwarf and less times Thain...
Here are some of my ideas...Again : regards and Thanks for the rebirth of Demonworld
For example :
=============================================================================1- General Ideas
I think that the game have to be more Unit oriented, speedier and for that simplier.
Some flaws :
- Units blocked by a Hero or one Hex.
- Some units are too slow against a shooitng army.
- Invocations too powerful (and free !).
- Level 3 wizards useless.
- Fumbles too important for Level 2 and especially Level 3 Wizards.
- Wall of fire too powerful and slow too much games.
=============================================================================2- Topic and Dice : D20 are else ?
My opinion :
- stay simple...
- D20 is ok but the calculation can be again simplified, notably when you take a new magic weapon...
=============================================================================3- Terrains - Maps : hexes are not hexes ? Materials ?
- Hexes are OK, to have more beautiful map : put marks like a X for the intersections not a complete hex.
- I like the principle of maps without anything and modulars Forests/Mountains etc to put on.
- Rigid map board : ok especially with maps with nothing on it but beware of the cost...
=============================================================================4-1- General, Heroes
- A simple rule to have more units and to have an action/unit oriented game : the Heroes or Units with (or reduced to) only 1 or 2 hexes don't block a unit in combat.
- Invocation : same rules as a Hero but necessity of a control (cf. Magic - Invocations).
- 1 Unit = 1 General or 1 Wizard/priest
- Bases weapons too weak : everyone tends to take Elite units because they know that Basic units are not good enough.
- Units with 10/8/3 movments are too slow... Make it 12/10/6
Empire : the cannon is ok.
The big guns as a dwarf are not playable as there are too costly for the effects on 1200/1500 games...
=> a cheaper price will be right.
The little guns are not sufficient to play a big role.
=> Perhaps, a battery of 2 to 3 mortars ?
============================================================================= 5-1- Wizard/Priests
- Create 3 kind of level, notably to have a good reason to play 3rd level wizards.
- Level 1 : no invocation except eventually the little Ishtak's demons : cf. Invocation topic.
- Level 2 : fumble on 1 only. For every armies : possibility to cast invocations/to have elementals (only Ice for Ishtak, Wood for Elves...).
- Level 3 : fumble on 1 but limited conséquences : no death, no possibility of loosing all power permanently.
=============================================================================5-2- Magic - Invocations
I think that these are too powerful as a free unit.
Some new rules :
- Invocations : as said earlier : same rules as a Hero but necessity of a control.
- Invocations : only for wizards level 2+ except eventually for the little Ishtak's demons.
- Invocations : a new way to make them.
* Round 1 : the wizard can't move as he trace the pentacle.
* Round 2 : invocation, if the wizard make a fumble : the invocation has free itself and want to attack the wizard on the 1st round (Round 2). Afterwards, the invocation is out of control.
- Little trees for the Elves : make it a unit with a price not an invocation.
=============================================================================5-3- Magic - Wall of fire
This spell can spoil a game (and I say it as a Dwarf player...).
The last time a Orc player was unable to play and was bored to the point to quit the games...
- Only 5 hexes not 6 : no heroes blocked, less units blocked.
- 4 Spell points instead of 2.
- 2 Rounds instead of3.
For Thain's Lions and the Spiders.
Don't allow them to engage a troop that is not already engaged.
One jump for all the game.
One for each armies :
=============================================================================7- Armies - Dwarves
They need to have more movements, especially against shooters army... and I don't speak about invocations, Wall of fire etc...
- Blunderbers : Shooter skill at 1 instead of 2.
- Movments : free in the Hills and Mountains for Dwarves and Little Hill Giants.
- Movments for infantry with no armour (Armour 0, Shield only) : 18/12/8
- Movments for light infantry (armour 1) : 16/12/8
- Movments for heavy infantry (Gate keepers, Armoured vétérans...) : 12/10/8
- Rock Giant : in melee can attack with the rock in his rigght end Strenght 3 + Zize +...
=============================================================================7- Armies - Empire
- A simplification/reorganization of the Recruitment.
- Peasants & Bull head : basic troop (Idea : An army of Peasants and Buls...).
+ Troops that are not nobles including Lancers and Empire Chariot :
=> 30% minimum, no maximum.
- Nobles, Orders : 0-40%
- Other régions : 0-40%
- Empire chariot : cheaper : more difficult to move, Horses does'nt attack.
- Dragon, Druids, Wizards : 0-40%
4 Kinds of armies, coose one :
Option 1 :
Beastman 30% minimum no maximum
Elite : Ice trolls, Bersekers, Brotherhood, Bear riders : 40% maximum
General : 1 minimum
Heroes : for each unit.
Option 2 : Ice Witch 30% minimum no maximum
Option 3 : Undeads Skeletons or Zombies : 30% minimum no maximum
Option 4 : Demons : 30% minimum no maximum + Necromancers
Allies from the armies :
First : 40% maximum
Second : 20% maximum
- Battle Sled drawn by Polar Bears : possibility to use them without Ice terrains (simply rule that they are magic) : it's a shame to not use a beautiful mini like this...
=============================================================================7- Armies - Orcs
- Trolls : regeneration is too powerful :
* Only one regeneration for each figure.
* Simplier : 10 Trolls= a pool of 10 régénérations.
=============================================================================To be continued...