Third edition

Discussion on the Demonworld game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or miniatures.
Arhnayel

Third edition

Postby Arhnayel » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:43 pm

Hello guys !

I just read the announcement of the 3rd edition to come at the end of 2012.

Can we have some details about the main changes ? Rule system ? Spells ? Units ?
The Blessing of Stars' eternal
Although the Knight remains mortal.

Anunnaki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Third edition

Postby Anunnaki » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Wendigo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Wendigo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:39 am

I really hope it's only like the conversion from 1st to 2nd. In example: Blanacing issues and more intuitive handling of rules, but not effective changes of the rule whatsoever. I am especially fond of how Demonworlds order system works. You plan your strategy, reveal all orders and act simultaneously with you opponent (basically). If anything of that should change I would be greatly dissapointed. In fact, the announcement of a 3rd edition is what prevented me to get new modells for now.

Looking forward to any information about 3rd though.

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:30 am

That's pretty much what's planned for Third Edition, Wendigo.

Balance, clarity, etc., are the key elements to be addressed. There will be options for hexless play, however -- not everybody likes them. :)

However, it will be a while before Third Edition is out and we'll report back once things are further along.

Wendigo

Postby Wendigo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:16 am

That sounds great. Especial that hexless play is an option, so players can decide for themselves what they want.

Damn, now I have to check what I could add to my orcs...

Arhnayel

Postby Arhnayel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:48 am

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:05 am

razghul

Postby razghul » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:56 am

That sounds great. I also don't think major changes are nessecery. But of cause there are things, which could use some improvements. All in all I would like a balanced Game, where every Unit and Hero has it's justification. In the 2cond edition however are some Units, which are too expansive for their limited abilities.

Concerning the artillery I would like higher attack-values. The really large Mortars ans Catapults (like Dragon-Thunder, Varrig' Arm or the Snow Cannon) are OK, but the little Catapults, Cannons or Mortars just too weak. It's hard enough to hit your target with those things. They should at least make a little impact ;)

Looking forward to hear about yor Progress!

Arhnayel

Postby Arhnayel » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:58 am

razghul

Postby razghul » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:16 am

Right. But the normal Ammo could be changed without increasing the burning one.
And Orcs are not even allowed to use burning-ammo.

But most of all: Demonworld is supposed to simulate Battles. Well, I think if a giant Stone hits somone it would be more fitting if there would be a bigger chance to hurt him than only 30%......

Did you really sometimes use a group of mortars or catapults ? One of these things costs 70 points (if we go raw withouth "german modding"). I can think about many ways to use 140-280 better than to put 2-4 orc-catapults on the table.

Return to “Product Discussion”