Demonworld version 3 – Rules propositions – Summoning (main)
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:29 pm
Re: Demonworld version 3 – Rules propositions – Summoning (m
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:45 am
Elementals are powerfull but extremely limited :
- first, the Sorcerer is totally unable to use magic until the Elemental is destroyed or the player decides to send back the Elemental ;
- second, the Elemental is slow (5 hexes) and has only melee attacks ;
- third, the Sorcerer must be near the fight and therefore can be attacked by the opponent more easily.
The German players have clarified that Elementals can leave a melee but once they come in contact with an enemy element, they stop and can't move furthermore. This means that the Elemental cannot turn around an element.
If you want to decrease the power of Elementals (and other summonings), just apply the homerule of orders to characters as we do in tournaments in France :
- during the Order Phase of a Turn, the player must give an order to each of its characters not engaged in melee nor impetuous (or else, like Tauros) ;
- the order given to the characters just indicates WHEN the characters will move (during M-phase or S-phase or C-phase) but doesn't prevent them to use bows, magics or anything else (no MP change by example) ;
- Elemental and others "controlled-summonings" receive the same orders than the Sorcerers who summoned them (Elementals, Wild Spirits, Insects Swarms...) ;
- other summonings receive the same orders than the Sorcerers who summoned thm for the FIRST Turn and can receive another order as they will after (this for Pain Demons, Thaïn Totems, Dark Elves giant demon...) ;
- if you want your Sorcerer to rest, you must give him a Hold Position order.