Legends of Barsaive - Questions

Discussion of Living Earthdawn. Adventures, game mastering, and comments. Caution, there may be spoilers!
Taffy
Re: Legends of Barsaive - Questions

Post by Taffy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:16 am

Hi All

I have printed out the character and Haven documents and given it to my gaming group. They are excited and have started purchasing PDFs of the books in preparation of character creation.

Just wondering if there are any specific rule around replaying the mods with different characters or about the GMs that are forced to "Eat" the module.

Cheers
taffy
Cheers
Taffy/Dean
Melbourne, Australia

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:43 am

There aren't any restrictions about the same player running different characters through an adventure multiple times. In fact, if you aren't intending to take a single character into different "official" events, there aren't really any rules at all.

I'm not sure what you mean by a GM "eating" an adventure. If you're talking about the cost... if you're looking to run events at a convention we have some support available. But otherwise... we need to pay the guys that write them.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

Taffy

Post by Taffy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:01 am

Thanks for your reply Josh

To clarify, by "Eating" the adventure, I mean when the GM runs the adventure without first having the opportunity to play it.

This tends to be important where a adventure can only be played once and if you run it, you can't play it (sounds like that's not the case)

or

if you are in a isolated groups and games may only be run once, so if you are sharing the load, some people may fall behind as they don't get to play a adventure.

I know some living campaigns will give the GM a similar reward to the players to encourage people to run games (I do this with the Living Rotted Capes campaign I am administrator of)

Cheers
Taffy / Dean
(Melbourne Australia)
Cheers
Taffy/Dean
Melbourne, Australia

Aristin76

Post by Aristin76 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:36 pm

I was curious if a Beastmaster would have an opportunity to start out with a Loyal Companion or not? I have yet to play a LoB game, but plan on playing a few at MidWest Gamefest in November.

Handling downtime activities were also another question I had.

Where to go to possible sign up for running “Sanctioned Games of LoB” or rather register to be “Official” to run sanctioned games.

Thanks!

Belenus

Post by Belenus » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:04 pm

I'm currently editing the German version of "LoB04 That which was lost" and and I came across a question:
Spoiler:
p 21: Delivery to Xaolete (of the Black mantis' eggs) wrote:Unfortunately, eating the omelet will have later repercussions.
Since there is no hint to those repercussions in this adventure, I guess it will be part of one of the followings. But shouldn't there then be a field on the Chapter Summary "Black Mantis egg eaten Y/N" or is this considered to much of a spoiler that something might come?

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:41 pm

Belenus wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:04 pm
I'm currently editing the German version of "LoB04 That which was lost" and and I came across a question:
Spoiler:
p 21: Delivery to Xaolete (of the Black mantis' eggs) wrote:Unfortunately, eating the omelet will have later repercussions.
Since there is no hint to those repercussions in this adventure, I guess it will be part of one of the followings. But shouldn't there then be a field on the Chapter Summary "Black Mantis egg eaten Y/N" or is this considered to much of a spoiler that something might come?
The Legends guys are at Origins right now, but here's what I recall from their internal spec docs. (SIGNIFICANT SPOILERS)
Spoiler:
There is a Horror operating behind the scenes, and over these early adventures some of the NPCs get replaced by Dopplers. Xaolete is one of them, and uses the black mantis eggs to spread influence and corruption.
We are working on an omnibus version of the first 8 adventures that will have a bit more background info and tweak some of the things we've learned running these scenarios multiple times at conventions over the past few years.

Belenus

Post by Belenus » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:16 pm

Mataxes wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:41 pm
Belenus wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:04 pm
Spoiler:
The Legends guys are at Origins right now, but here's what I recall from their internal spec docs. (SIGNIFICANT SPOILERS)
Spoiler:
There is a Horror operating behind the scenes, and over these early adventures some of the NPCs get replaced by Dopplers. Xaolete is one of them, and uses the black mantis eggs to spread influence and corruption.
We are working on an omnibus version of the first 8 adventures that will have a bit more background info and tweak some of the things we've learned running these scenarios multiple times at conventions over the past few years.
Sounds great, thanks for the answer.
Spoiler:
But shouldn't it be then even more important to get feedback if the eggs were eaten?

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:07 pm

Belenus wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:16 pm
Sounds great, thanks for the answer.
Spoiler:
But shouldn't it be then even more important to get feedback if the eggs were eaten?
When the guys get back from Origins I'll point them here to make sure I'm not remembering something incorrectly.

w_socrates

Post by w_socrates » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:12 pm

Sorry, I am getting here late to the game. I am looking at running a few adventures at my local Con in November. What do you think would be the best thing(s) to run?

DannyDark007

Post by DannyDark007 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:21 pm

I was looking at running some Legends of Barsaive Earthdawn events at our local game convention in November: https://www.midwestgamefest.org/. Are there any new events availiable to run?

Speaking of which, is the FEC still a thing?
The Freedonian Engineering Corps (FEC) is the official demo and playtesting group for FASA Games, Inc. We travel to conventions to run games and also get to playtest games before they are released.
Thank you,

Daniel