Cordwaine: 3 TIPs, 800 Legend, 230 Silver
Dainwennan: 3 TIPs, 800 Legend, 230 Silver
Haast: 3 TIPs, 800 Legend, 230 Silver

GM Rewards:
Ursula: 1 TIP, 3600 Legend, 600 Silver

Downtime Actions Available:
None

Further Information:
The Herd of Devil Goats has been purged. Grom lost his life defending his comrades in the process.

Rystefn

Re: AAR: High Noon

Post by Rystefn » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:19 pm

From the Journal of Haast, Novice Beastmaster

It was a Horror. I’ve faced the unnatural and the twisted before, but this was something altogether different. It was a Horror. We’ve all heard the tales since we were children, and we’ve seen the aftermath of the ravages of the Scourge, but seeing one in the flesh, face to face? That is something entirely different. It was a Horror, and now Grom is dead.

It started out so simple. We were investigating some kind of illness in a herd of goats. An infection that, if it spread, could have been a serious detriment to the health and well-being of the region. Remembering the giant mosquitos and the effect they had on the goats before, I expected something unusual. After all, they had send for us, so it probably wasn’t something normal… When we arrived, the farm looked like a battleground. The ground was trampled and torn up, the fence broken, blood splashed here and there. The farmer was barricaded in his home, hiding from the goats. They had apparently gone mad, attacking each other and him. He was so terrified that when we knocked on the door, it thought it was the goats trying to lure him to open the door.

Following the trail of the goats that had left the farm wasn’t difficult. Dealing with them was. The farmer’s description of their aggressiveness and unnatural appearance was milder than the reality, if anything. Glowing red eyes, murderous fury, and an unnatural strength marked them as something other than what they had previously been. We found several groups, each more dangerous than the previous. But it was the last that haunts my dreams. They stood on a hilltop in a loose group, and among them was the Horror. An indescribable mass of teeth and maw all out of proportion. A thing that should not be.

Cordwaine set up some kind of ritual circle that was supposed to prevent it from entering. But we couldn’t simply sit in the circle and do nothing. Grom decided to go out. The uninfected goats fled, but the tainted ones attacked. And so did the Horror. We went to help him. I was injured, and if not for Dainwennan’s aid and Fen’s spirited defense, I would not have survived. Grom was not so lucky. As we fled back to the circle, he was mauled by the Horror. Dain tried to help him as well, but it was too late. It pursued the rest of us to the circle, but could not pass the barrier. We used that to our advantage and put it down. The Horror is no more, but Grom is gone, too. It could have been much worse than it was.

The event has showed me that I need to consider ways of engaging the enemy at range. We all do. If we had all stayed within the circle with crossbows, maybe Grom would be alive now.

BattleChad

Re: AAR: High Noon

Post by BattleChad » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:45 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Haast for his contribution.

Journal Rewards: 40 Legend Points and 57 Silver