Barsaive Holidays

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
FrozenVomit
Barsaive Holidays

Post by FrozenVomit » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:44 pm

Is there some Holidays in Barsaive?

Or can you guide me in which book we can find that info?

It would be easy to create some. I just want to be official.

Bonhumm

Re: Barsaive Holidays

Post by Bonhumm » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:11 pm

Since there no unified culture I would imagine there is no common Barsaive-wide holidays. MAYBE a general celebration every year at the date of the final victory of the 2nd war and/or I could imagine there might be a consensus for the 'holiday' of each Passions.

Throal has an holiday on average every 5 to 10 days but no description on the holidays themselves: I would assume the king(s) birthday, different Passions holidays and possibly the anniversary of the opening of the Kaer.

The Floating City at Lake Ban (House V'strimon) has a 3-day holiday every year called the Festival of Flower. No date is given but from the description I would expect in the spring.

Cara Fahd reserve the last day (30th) of every month as a holiday honoring Chorrolis(!).

There is also a reference to some Theran/Vivane only holidays at page 33 of the Sky Point and Vivane book 1

Tattered Rags

Post by Tattered Rags » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:54 am

The 5 days between the months of Gahmil and Raquas are Earthtime, during which Throal celebrates the earth.

Pretty sure that's official, but I have no idea which book it's in.
Adventure I'm running:
Under the Stars

Adventure GM post-mortem:
Under the Stars Postmortem

Flowswithdrek

Post by Flowswithdrek » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:55 pm

Travar has the Founding Tournament - a 2 week long festival and holiday. It opens with the Festival of Colour and closes with the Festival of Choosing.

santino

Post by santino » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:26 pm

Looking forward to it!
I think this is the site I've been looking for ages. Yeah, I'm sure about that. I want to try the best https://bestwoodworkingrouter.com. I can't be wrong.

Kosmit

Post by Kosmit » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:40 am

IMB there is a holiday called Living Legends' Night and it's moving around the year because we are playing it always around Halloween.

It's an opportunity to gather information from ghosts etc. Currently our group on they way to Shosara was brought back in time to the Fall of Queen Dallia to see the truth about that event...