Play Examples:

Information and discussion for players of the game. No spoilers here please!
Slimcreeper
Play Examples:

Post by Slimcreeper » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:14 pm

Things I have noticed from reading the Actual Plays:

- you can decide to whether to use karma after the roll.
- you can use a Called Shot with a Thrown Weapon to Attack to Knockdown

Things that puzzle me:
- "She’s now got two people firing at her, though. One more opponent and she will be Harried, and take some rather nasty penalties." Harried from range with three opponents?
- "She’s used a Standard Action to fire, and a Simple Action to Taunt, and just doesn’t have enough left to let off a second round, even at a penalty." I thought you could take several Simple Actions? Taking the second shot with a pistol is a simple action? I guess I'm not real sure how that's intended to work. In my head, taking the another shot just meant you could make a bonus Fireams test as part of your standard action, and then if you have Second Shot skill you can take a third shot as a simple action. There's another place where a hero has to make a choice to Simple Action take cover or Simple Action fire the second shot.
- I thought I remembered a Called Shot that resulted in additional damage? Like a free extra success or something? But I can't remember and can't find it.

Andrew1879

Re: Play Examples:

Post by Andrew1879 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:39 pm

Yes, we deliberately allowed Karma both before and after the roll, so that you can push the roll if you think you need to, or try to save a bad roll (as long as it's not a Rule of One). The decision has been very popular in playtest.

If you have three opponents attacking you, you're Harried, whether they're up close and personal or at range.

The Actions may have gotten a little tangled there. I wrote this one in spare time over a couple of days and thought I'd edited it a bit better than I actually did.

There's some differences between ED and 1879 in the mechanics, including in combat. For a Called Shot, the GM can allow extra damage, but is encouraged to go with dramatic narration, and apply the damage to the specified location. Bethelie uses Called Shots a couple of times over the course of the story, and the damage goes to the called location, resulting in a kill in the cafe fight where she Called-Shots a thug in the back of the head. 1879 generally goes with a little less crunch and a little more drama than Earthdawn, emphasizing story over mechanics.

lilysmith9896

Post by lilysmith9896 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:54 am

backroomsI appreciate that

Nothis

Post by Nothis » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:56 am

Players have the option to use Karma after taking a turn to increase their chances of success. Karma points can be used to add additional dice to the dice pool, increasing the chances of a favorable outcome. This allows sonic exe players to make strategic decisions based on initial spin results.

jannickz

Post by jannickz » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:15 am

You are correct about being able to decide to use karma after the roll. This is because karma is a metacurrency, which means that it is not part of the game world. It is a way for the players to influence the outcome of the game, but it does not have a direct impact on the characters or the setting.

cafeqq

Post by cafeqq » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:50 pm

Hello! If you are ready to feel the real atmosphere of excitement and unforgettable emotions, then I recommend visiting https://slotscity.com/game-hall . One of the best aspects of this site is the opportunity to try out different games and find your favourite. Here you can discover new gameplay, themes and bonuses that will make your gambling experience even more exciting.

princessget

Post by princessget » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:44 am

Take off on an adventure through the incredible universe of remarkable champions, where new challenges and opportunities for growth lie around every corner. fireboy and watergirl

jannickz

Post by jannickz » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:11 am

The "Harried" condition typically applies when a character is being attacked by two or more melee opponents in close combat. However, there is no explicit rule that states that this condition cannot apply to ranged attacks. It seems that the GM in the Actual Play you read interpreted the rule more broadly to include any situation where a character is being actively targeted by multiple opponents, regardless of their range. Check https://www.ssegold.com/poe-crafting-guide

herringbu

Post by herringbu » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:29 am

Take off on an adventure through the incredible universe of remarkable champion geometry dash

Angel17

Post by Angel17 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:38 pm

An example of a well-known tragic play would be Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman, and an example of a well-known comedic play would be William Shakespeare's As You Like It.
drolet escape 1800