Stride of Floranuus

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
ChrisDDickey
Stride of Floranuus

Post by ChrisDDickey » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:23 pm

The questor makes a Stride of Floranuus (6) test and each success increases the effective speed by 20% for rank hours.
Does this effect both the targets combat movement rates and number of miles they can march in a day? Or only one or the other?
I don't think that 4th edition yet has Ship rules, but if using 3rd edition ship combat rules, would it increase the ships combat Speed attribute as well as number of miles it can sail per day?

ChrisDDickey

Re: Stride of Floranuus

Post by ChrisDDickey » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:00 pm

I would like to bump this question up a bit. Doesn't anybody have any opinions, definitive or not? How would you interpret it?

etherial

Post by etherial » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:14 am

ChrisDDickey wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:23 pm
The questor makes a Stride of Floranuus (6) test and each success increases the effective speed by 20% for rank hours.
Does this effect both the targets combat movement rates and number of miles they can march in a day? Or only one or the other?
I would say both.
ChrisDDickey wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:23 pm
I don't think that 4th edition yet has Ship rules, but if using 3rd edition ship combat rules, would it increase the ships combat Speed attribute as well as number of miles it can sail per day?
I've never looked at the ED3 rules, but that sounds correct. Combat movement rate is not always representative of caravan movement rate, but this power specifically excludes the laborious movement of dragged or pushed vehicles, so it seems reasonable to go with the "everything is faster in every way" reading.

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:09 am

It affects both movement in combat as well as long distance travel. It also affects vessels.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com