Kickstarter - past and Future

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Taffy
Kickstarter - past and Future

Post by Taffy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:51 pm

Hi there

Just a quick question.

With only the Elvish nation sourcebook outstanding on the kinckstarter (by my calculations) I was wondering if the powers that be are able to share what their future product plans may be and if they are planning a second kickstarter.

Just curious if I need to save my money :)
Cheers
Taffy/Dean
Melbourne, Australia

etherial

Re: Kickstarter - past and Future

Post by etherial » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:48 am

We're also waiting on those polo shirts. I wouldn't expect an answer anytime soon as most (if not all) of FASA is at GenCon right now.

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:33 am

Posting from breakfast at GenCon day 3.

According to Ross, shirts will ship with the Companion/Questors fulfilment.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:34 am

And yes, there will be another Kickstarter. More info later.

Bonhumm

Post by Bonhumm » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:58 pm

What I'd hope to see in the next kickstarter (in order):

- That 'magic' book, if only for the high-circle spells
- An 'Adept's way'. Although the adepts roleplay backgrounds are well covered by the previous one, a 4th Edition rule update for the expended disciplines, their talents, talent knacks AND their specialization paths are deeply needed.

Then I guess it would be mostly content books:

- The previously mentioned Iopos book would be awesome (maybe a Iopos/Jerris/Wastes compendium?)
- A Urupa/Badlands one
- Maybe some game module to advance the storyline a little? Something about the Denairastas or a 'what's up with Aardalea now'.

Personally, I'd also pay just for a corrected version of the Theran Empire MAP.

Geekabilly

Post by Geekabilly » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:24 pm

Totally agree with the map, Vivane being Greece is a mistake that's annoyed me for years.

Indragnir

Post by Indragnir » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:42 pm

I'm totaly up for a book on Dragons, Horrors and a Bestiary.

My ideal order:
1-Magic Book
2-Paths and former secondary/minor disciplines
3-Horrors/Dragons/Bestiary
4-Regional Guides. (I like the idea of Badlands/The wastes)

Bonhumm

Post by Bonhumm » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:09 pm

Geekabilly wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:24 pm
Totally agree with the map, Vivane being Greece is a mistake that's annoyed me for years.

Yeah:

- a clarification on that whole Rugeria/Vivanne thing
- the core of Creana being in the desert instead of following the Nile drives me nut
- half of Spain in missing!
- and PLEASE, especially since you are writing the Elven nations book, zoom out the map a bit and show Shosara's exact location.

Indragnir wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:42 pm
I'm not so sure about that.

- The book on Dragons from 1st/2nd Edition is very good and quite complete. Adding new content to it would not be that easy: there is a limit to the amount of Great Dragons that can fit into Barsaive. The rules and mechanics are compatible with 4th Edition.

- The same thing could be said about the 1st Edition horror, although it would be easier to 'fit' new major horrors than Great Dragons in the continuity I don't think there would be a entire book worth of it.

- As for the Bestiary, although a compendium of everything that have been written so far could be good, I do think that there is plenty of critters to kill as it is right now when pulling all the contents of all the editions together.

Just my 2 coppers.

Indragnir

Post by Indragnir » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:05 am

Bonhumm wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:09 pm
Indragnir wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:42 pm
I'm not so sure about that.

- The book on Dragons from 1st/2nd Edition is very good and quite complete. Adding new content to it would not be that easy: there is a limit to the amount of Great Dragons that can fit into Barsaive. The rules and mechanics are compatible with 4th Edition.

- The same thing could be said about the 1st Edition horror, although it would be easier to 'fit' new major horrors than Great Dragons in the continuity I don't think there would be a entire book worth of it.

- As for the Bestiary, although a compendium of everything that have been written so far could be good, I do think that there is plenty of critters to kill as it is right now when pulling all the contents of all the editions together.

Just my 2 coppers.
I disagree. 4th edition rules have so many new things that earlier editions lack. Threshold successes, maneuvers, power no longer in the ruleset, ammends, adjusts in stats, new and old spells... even with no new material, just updating old entries.
Just check The Mist horror in 1st edition book and you will see you need some work (and tonning down!) to play it in 4th edition.

I, for one, truly hope for a book on updated Dragons and Horrors. Creatures we have a few indeed. However I would like more in the higher circles to keep the perilious of the way interesing even for high circle travellers... (that's a part of Earthdawn I like specialy)

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:46 am

Indragnir wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:05 am
Creatures we have a few indeed. However I would like more in the higher circles to keep the perilious of the way interesing even for high circle travellers... (that's a part of Earthdawn I like specialy)
The Companion has a lot of higher-Circle creatures to challenge more experienced characters, and the Masks system can add a twist or greater challenge to the more prosaic and common opponents.

I'll try to put up a blog post at the end of this week talking about what is planned for the future.