New site feedback

Feedback on and wishlist items for the FASA web site, forums, and shop.
The Undying
Re: New site feedback

Post by The Undying » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:27 am

Just a quick test message to observe post behavior.

The Undying

Post by The Undying » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:30 am

I take it that, when logged in, unread messages are initially displayed with a higher font weight, or just white versus slightly grey? This seems to be happening to freshly-authored posts when the submission is completed and the thread is displayed with the new post. Not the end of the world, was just confusing for me until I reasoned it out. Last post was just to confirm the font weight change - wasn't sure if bold text would render correctly with the increased weight.

Bogie

Post by Bogie » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:10 am

Yeah, noticed that myself. This day won't end lol.

Edit: Now it comes from FASA Games Forums <bogie@fasagames.com>
Todd Bogenrief
Noble Armada Line Developer, U18 Rules Guru

Bogie

Post by Bogie » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:16 am

The Undying wrote:I take it that, when logged in, unread messages are initially displayed with a higher font weight, or just white versus slightly grey? This seems to be happening to freshly-authored posts when the submission is completed and the thread is displayed with the new post. Not the end of the world, was just confusing for me until I reasoned it out. Last post was just to confirm the font weight change - wasn't sure if bold text would render correctly with the increased weight.
Yeah, I think that is part of the theming. Not sure if I like it or not, but doesn't bother me enough to dig into the php. I left the option for users to switch theme back to the original if the dark theme is too much.
Todd Bogenrief

Bogie

Post by Bogie » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:30 am

Testing notify on subscribe.
Todd Bogenrief

etherial

Post by etherial » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:35 am

The Undying wrote:Just noticed that the forum registration email comes from your account (bogie@...). Normally, these would come from "admin" or "webmaster" aliases account rather than a user account. Not the end of the world, just looks a little strange.
My webstore account keeps popping up instead of my forum account.

Bogie

Post by Bogie » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:46 am

My webstore account keeps popping up instead of my forum account.
How do you mean? In the browser when you go to log in? Could be something with the cookies or the browser cache.
Todd Bogenrief

Slimcreeper

Post by Slimcreeper » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:11 am

soooo, i don't love light text on black? or that really bright red banner at the top? On the main page, I personally would prefer a grey to the current white - it's a pretty stark contrast and doesn't seem to connect to the top star background. I do like that the navigation seems to be simplified on the site, and I think the ecommerce part is neater, at first glance, although it looks like it's still being finalized. Sorry, nitpickiness done!

Bogie

Post by Bogie » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:34 am

Slimcreeper wrote:soooo, i don't love light text on black? or that really bright red banner at the top? On the main page, I personally would prefer a grey to the current white - it's a pretty stark contrast and doesn't seem to connect to the top star background. I do like that the navigation seems to be simplified on the site, and I think the ecommerce part is neater, at first glance, although it looks like it's still being finalized. Sorry, nitpickiness done!
If you go into user control panel you can switch the theme, I like the other one better too. Also, I believe if you hover over the alert you can x it out. :)
Todd Bogenrief

The Undying

Post by The Undying » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:03 am

I think it might be good to place a sticky somewhere, either on Site Feedback or elsewhere, explicitly talking about some useful tips for using the forum - most importantly, the theme setting. I'm on Slim's side of the house - I do not understand the modern web design concept of white-black spectrum color schemes with grey font that is only slightly darker/lighter than its background (all the kewl kids do this now ... I'm looking at you, Apple, with your #010101 difference in font-to-background color difference).