Fourth Edition Errata, Clarifications, and FAQs

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Mataxes
Re: Fourth Edition Errata, Clarifications, and FAQs

Post by Mataxes » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:48 pm

No.

Well... sort of.

The imprint and the adept take up the same "space" (in terms of dimension). The glowing presence swirls around outside it.

The imprint is the adept, astrally speaking, and there's an aura that extends beyond it's outline.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

Jaracove

Post by Jaracove » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Thanks Mataxes

ottdmk

Post by ottdmk » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:39 pm

Just a minor thing I found: The Steely Stare talent isn't listed in the Table of Contents links in the PDF. Also, the Blood Share link goes to the wrong page: 131 instead of 132.

Edited to add:
Never mind, brain didn't work, see below. :)
Last edited by ottdmk on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lys

Post by Lys » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:05 am

Command Nightflyer is a Novice Talent Option for Nethermancers.

ottdmk

Post by ottdmk » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:31 pm

Weird. My pdf reader (okular) didn't find that in my search of the doc. And somehow my eyes skated over it half a dozen times. I must've been more tired then I thought. :shock:

daedalron

Post by daedalron » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:05 pm

Not sure where to report errors in the new Companion book, but on a rapid look at the book, I found 2 errors.
First, in the titles page (p3), you have, right after the Swordmaster, a Fourteenth circle
Then, in the knacks section, you have 3 Durability knacks in the middle of the Thread Weaving knacks (p113-114)

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:28 pm

daedalron wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:05 pm
Not sure where to report errors in the new Companion book, but on a rapid look at the book, I found 2 errors.
First, in the titles page (p3), you have, right after the Swordmaster, a Fourteenth circle
Then, in the knacks section, you have 3 Durability knacks in the middle of the Thread Weaving knacks (p113-114)
That first error is probably a result of metadata having the wrong heading info. Thanks.

As for the knacks, they should be Thread Weaving knacks. They were originally developed as Durability knacks, but since Durability isn't technically a talent... we decided not to go there.

That was a late-ish change, so they got moved over without updating the relevant text.

Thanks for the catch.

Edit: I know in the past there as a google-spreadsheet where people could accumulate errors. This place is as good as any to post, but I'll see if something similar is being done for this preview.

etherial

Post by etherial » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:01 am

Mataxes wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:28 pm
I know in the past there as a google-spreadsheet where people could accumulate errors. This place is as good as any to post, but I'll see if something similar is being done for this preview.
You rang?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

ottdmk

Post by ottdmk » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:53 pm

I'll add it to the doc, but something I noticed when I was putting together my talents list was that the 10th Circle Swordmaster Talent is listed as "Defense". I imagine it's supposed to be "Defensive Stance", which is a Talent that simply screams Swordmaster.

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:32 pm

We can't use "Defensive Stance" as a talent name, because there's a combat option with that name.

I'm at the day gig so I don't have my references handy to check, but I'm 99% sure it is supposed to be "Defense" as a legacy from a talent with that name in earlier editions.