Interactive map of Barsaive circa 1517 TH

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Marzhin
Interactive map of Barsaive circa 1517 TH

Post by Marzhin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:06 pm

I've started putting together an interactive map of Barsaive during ED4, based on Telarus' excellent atlas and the artwork created for ED4.
For now I'm only putting the various locations and places of interest on the map, but eventually the idea is, for most of them at least, to have a short description, a picture when available, and the name of the latest sourcebook where info can be found about this particular place.
Check Throal, Kratas or Bartertown to see examples :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Telarus

Re: Interactive map of Barsaive circa 1517 TH

Post by Telarus » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:12 pm

<3 8-)

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:36 am

By the way, fullscreen mode now works :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Lars Gottlieb

Post by Lars Gottlieb » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:23 am

Neat; that really looks good (o:

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:13 pm

I'm trying to put on the map the Named locations appearing in the various Earthdawn novels. I had the opportunity to discuss some of them with Telarus, but I'd also love to know what you guys think.

From Anarya's Secret: Borzim, the Opthia River, Bilim, Kaer Volost and Dinazhe's tower. The general region where these are found is pretty clear from the novel, but I may have misinterpreted something. Also, I wonder if Bilim was supposed to be "Billiam", a town featured on an artwork in the Companion for ED1.

From The Longing Ring: Thyson (J'Role's home village) and the region know as the Red Hills (where said village's kaer is located). It's a bit tricky as you can feel the geography of Barsaive was not quite set in stone when that novel was being written. The only hints from the novel is the fact the village is a bit isolated, that the valley is "ringed by craggy mountains", and that the old Theran road leading to Parlainth is only a few walking days away. It makes sense that J'Role and Garlthik would go from Thyson to the Old Road, travel north to Parlainth, then west above the Caucavics with the goal of reaching Throal, only to end in Blood Wood.
(Groucho Marx)

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:48 pm

I added some locations mentioned in the novel Lost Kaer: the Irontooth Range, the Iron Plain, and Kaer Moar itself.

These locations were not too complicated: the Delaris Mountains are east of the Irontooth Range and can be seen from the Kaer Moar's Dawngate, and the Iron Plain is the region between the Delaris Mountains and the Irontooth Range.
(Groucho Marx)

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:58 pm

Thanks to Conteur's feedback on the FASA Discord, I fixed the location of Cara Fahd and Landis on my interactive map of Barsaive. It appears the map included with ED4 put them too far west compared to the area map included in Nations of Barsaive vol.III: Cara Fahd.
(Groucho Marx)