AAR: [11M] A Magical Melody (2020-10-02 @ 23:30 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

verse86
AAR: [11M] A Magical Melody (2020-10-02 @ 23:30 GMT)

Post by verse86 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:04 pm

LFG: [11M] A Magical Melody.
Time: 2020-10-02 @ 23:30 GMT
GM: verse86
Difficulty: 11 Medium

Rumor: Dubhan must travel to the location Goldentone was enchanted and create a symphony using magic.

Requesting Player: Dubhan

AAR:
Dubhan: 124000 lp, 2000 sp, 3 TIPs
Dvarim: 124000 lp, 2000 sp, 3 TIPs
Jael: 124000 lp, 2000 sp, 3 TIPs
William: 124000 lp, 2000 sp, 3 TIPs
Xeviouz: 124000 lp, 2000 sp, 3 TIPs

GM Reward: Thorkell 13000 lp, 750 sp, 3 TIPs

Dubhan created a magical symphony and powered up his armor.
Last edited by verse86 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

bronzemountain

Re: LFG: [11M] A Magical Melody (2020-10-02 @ 23:30 GMT)

Post by bronzemountain » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:15 pm

Name: Dvarim Bolg
ECL: 11
Discipline: Weaponsmith / Elementalist
Quote/Unique: "Well, that ain't right."
Notable Abilities: Physician, Lock Pick, Chiseled Dwarven Good Looks, The Best Meals Ever
Downtime:
  • Forge Weapon 11/24
  • Forge Armor 11/24
  • Craftsman (anything) 11/28
  • Design Enchanting Pattern 11/24
  • Enchant True Pattern 11/28
  • Item History 4/17
  • Enchant Storm Steppers (10 TIPs, 1,500sp, 2 weeks)
Common Magic Items:
Spoiler:
  • Cleaning Brooms (x5): 4 days/75sp
  • Fire Starter: 4 days / 25sp
  • Firefly Chalk: 4 days / 25sp
  • Hot Pot: 4 days / 25sp
  • Pot of Grumbah, Small: 4 days / 37.5sp
Last Game Played: 2020-10-01

Waijhou

Post by Waijhou » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:49 pm

Name: Xeviouz
Last time you (player, not character) played: Sept 23, 2020
Circle: 10/5 (ECR10)
Discipline: Warrior/Horror Stalker
Quote/Unique: Lets do this!
Notable Abilities: Sword & Board
Downtime: ---

Montaugh

Post by Montaugh » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:06 pm

Name: William Carver
Date Last Played September 26, 2020
ECR: 10 ( 588,925 LP)
Race: Human
Discipline: Scout 9 Thief 6, Journeyman 3, Cavalryman 6
Quote/Unique: I'll get you there and back again.
Notable Abilities: ((really what doesn't William do at this point?)
Talented: Locks/Traps, Stealth/Scouting, Ranged/Melee, map making. Animal bond/borrow. Safe Path! Sleeps with One Eye Open, Orbital Spy in the sky!
Items:
Potions: Kelia's Antidote (1), Booster Potion (5), Kelix's Poultice (1), Halt Illness Potion (1), Healing Potion (3), Last Chance Salve (3)
Mounted: Huttawa named Charlie and he's sworn, He might also swear.. I don't have animal talk yet.
Downtime:
Perception step (9)
Versatile Forge Weapon Rank: (7) Step 20
Versatile Research Rank: (7) Step 20, Step 23 with library Access
Versatile Item History Rank: (5) Step 18.
(Karma spent with Applied versatility)

nathaniel

Post by nathaniel » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:08 pm

Name: Jael
ECR: 10
Last Game: 9/26
Discipline: Beastmaster/Scholar/Woodsman
Notable Abilities: Elven Lore, Pets, Frenzy's and Grappling
Downtime: Animal Training (Rank 10) 20, Item History (Rank 7) 16, Research (Rank 4) 13 (16 with library access)

Waijhou

Re: AAR: [11M] A Magical Melody (2020-10-02 @ 23:30 GMT)

Post by Waijhou » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:24 am

October 2, 2020
[11M] A Magical Melody (2020-10-02)

From the journal of Xeviouz, Human Warrior/Horror Stalker
Rumor: Dubhan must travel to the location Goldentone was enchanted and create a symphony using magic.

My good friend Dubhan asks me to accompany him on an adventure. I dont ask any questions, I just reply yes. Also along are Jael, Dvarim, and William Karver. THis should be an excellent adventure with all my friends is what I had thought when first we set out. We are heading to the area of 46.26 Kaer Karell. We hitch a ride on an airship headed to Travar. We jump off a day before arriving at Travar and begin our hike towards the Kaer. Dubahn had heard of a group of adventurers that had come across some large double doors that they couldn't open. They were set in the side of a cliff. That is where we are headed.

On our second day it is easy to find the doors we are looking for. However, opening the doors is a different challenge all together. After trying several things nothing happens. Then Dubahn tries A Glyph of Unweaving and dispaells all the magic. As the magic is fading, we hear screams and commotion on the other side of the door. THe area is becoming tainted in Astral space as well. Definitely horrors on the other side of the door.

2 different kinds of Erhilgren and a couple GloomWings were waiting to play with us. It is a short but brutal fight. The horrors constructs were using abilities that would strip our buff spells, cause pain, make us harried to the point of being overwhelmed. After the battle we rest for an hour to heal up and prepare for the entry into the place.

After entering, we find it is a large amphitheatre, with 8 more Erhilgren and a large bone horror with tentacles and multiple skulls as a leader. The Mighty Jael is able to have his companion Selina drop him of right next to the boss and Jael used his Claw Frenzy ability to wreak havok on the boss, killing it in the first round. The Erhlgrin creatures try their best to kill us but we make short work of them.

After the fighting is over we search the area. Dubhan finds a written record of the previous owner of the armor he is trying to unlock. After a few minutes of doing some spell casting stuff, music starts playing. It seems to be coming from all around, but then the music seems to become more focused. It is coming from Dubahns armor. It sounds lovely. After this, we leave and head back to throal.

Montaugh

Post by Montaugh » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:21 pm

My name is William Carver, I am a ninth circle Scout, sixth circle Thief, sixth circle Cavalryman, and third rank on the path of the Journeyman.

Dubhan needed my help in finding the location that goldentones his armor was made. We were joined by Xeviouz, Jael, and Dvarim.

We grabbed an airship to Travar, from there it was an easy trip into the location that we were seeking.

We opened the doors to the kaer and all hell broke lose as horror constructs started to flood out of the place. We held the line near the doors and fought for our lives against something that Xeviouz said were Erhlgren. There were eight of them, four groups of two different kinds. Some of them smelled foul, and some of them screamed, they were all horrible to look upon. There were also two gloomwings as well. We were hard pressed at first to buy time for Xeviouz and Jael to cut their way through them.

We took a moment or three to look up ahead and to recover before pressing on into the building.

We entered the building and it opened up into an amphitheater, inside were ever more of the horrors that we fought as well as one made up completely of bones and skulls. Jael flew in on Sabrina and attacked the large horror killing it in a frenzy of his claws. We engaged another eight Erhlgren.

After we killed them Dubhan did some magical things and his armor began to play various music. We then returned to Throal.

William Carver

ottdmk

Post by ottdmk » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:50 pm

From the Journal of Dubhan Goronich:

A while back I acquired a suit of chain mail Named Goldentone. More recently, I discovered that its Pattern was more complicated than I originally thought. A previously undiscovered high-Rank Key Knowledge came to light, and I discovered that I could unlock further powers of the armor by traveling to where it was enchanted and using magic to create a symphony.

Suffice it to say, this was an interesting challenge! My research led me to the proper place... a sealed up laboratory. For once, I was the one calling on friends to get assistance, instead of being the one called upon. Jael, Dvarim, William & Xevious agreed to help.

Once we opened the lab, we discovered what was sealed up. A number of Ehrlgren (I hate Erhlgren) and some GloomWings (I've decided I hate them too.) The fight did not go particularly well for me, but with plenty of assistance I healed up inside an hour or so.

Moving onwards, my Astral Sight revealed where a number more Ehrlgrens awaited, along with something else, a construct made of screaming skulls. With plenty of forewarning, we prepared. I had an Astral Catastrophe ready to go, my Quicksilver boots got me into the perfect position... and then they somehow resisted the spell. Curses! Still, thanks largely to my companions, we made fairly quick work of them. Jael took the worst of it.

Examining the records of the long lost Wizard/Troubadour who created my armour, I was able to follow their directions to create the needed magical symphony. Well satisfied, my colleagues & I returned to Throal.