AAR: [6H] Wild Rose of the Wyrm Wood 06Jun2020 @2230 GMT

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

Shokunin
AAR: [6H] Wild Rose of the Wyrm Wood 06Jun2020 @2230 GMT

Post by Shokunin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:18 am

LFG: Wild Rose of the Wyrm Wood
Time: 06Jun2020 @2230 GMT (Saturday 630pm Eastern)
GM: Vlolkir
Rating: 6H
Eligible Characters: ECR 5 to 7
Mission organized by: Jael

Jaen'val'Jael 'Jael' Savre has been going around Throal excitedly, cornering familiar adepts and asking if you would like to join him on a super easy adventure! We're just going to take a weekend trip to the Elven homeland bro! What could go wrong?

Please sign up with the following.

Name:
Last time you (player) played:
Circle:
Discipline:
Quote/Unique:
Notable Abilities:
Downtime:
Last edited by Shokunin on Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

ChrisDDickey

Re: LFG: [6H] Wild Rose of the Wyrm Wood 06Jun2020 @2230 GMT

Post by ChrisDDickey » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:58 am

Name: Zil
Date Player last played: June 3rd
ECR: 7
Discipline: Elementalist 6th circle / Adherent of Garlen - Windling
Quote/Unique: Travel in style with a party Elementalist! Heat Food! Plant Feast! Purify Water! Shelter! Air Mattress! All the comforts of home upon the road. May the blessings of Garlen be upon you!
Notable Abilities: Physician, Questor of Garlen.
Downtime: Research rank 3, step 10 (step 13 if pay 20 sp for library access).
Item History Rank 3 (step 14 with karma).

nathaniel

Post by nathaniel » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:08 am

Name: Jael
ECR: 6
Last Game: doesn't matter :)
Discipline: Beastmaster
Notable Abilities: Pets and Punching
Downtime: Animal Training (Rank 6) 16

Aegharan

Post by Aegharan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:10 am

Name: Karl Tomsson
Date of Last Game Played: 2020-05-25
Discipline: Archer (6) & Beastmaster (4)
Quote/Unique: I can see you..
Notable Abilities: Social skills, tactics, seeing everything, and being able to kill what I can see
Downtime:
Animal Training (talent rank 3 step 12)
Forge Weapon (rank 4 Step 15)
Research (Rank 2 Step 13, or Step 16 with Library Access)

Montaugh

Post by Montaugh » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:26 am

Name: William Carver
Date Last Played June 5, 2020 (I'll be in the friday game tomorrow so just updating this now)
ECR: 7 ( 84,975 LP)
Race: Human
Discipline: Scout 6, Thief 5, Journeyman 1
Quote/Unique: I'll get you there and back again.
Notable Abilities:
Talented: Locks/Traps, Stealth/Scouting, Ranged/Melee, map making. Animal bond/borrow.
Items: Pure Water Pot (cast the Purify Water spell, p. 190, with a Spellcasting and Effect Step of 8/2D6 on any liquid placed in them). Upandal's Blessings (tools that let him reroll failed artisan checks)
Potions:Kelia's Antidote (1), Booster Potion (2), Kelix's Poultice (1), Halt Illness Potion (1), Healing Potion (1), Last Chance Salve (2)
Mounted: Huttawa named Charlie
Downtime: Forge Weapon (3) Step 8, Research 3(10) (13 with library access) Item History 5 (12).

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:32 pm

Name: Dvarim Bolg
Discipline: Weaponsmith / Elementalist
Quote/Unique: "I make things better. By hammering them."
Notable Abilities: Physician, Lock Pick, Chiseled Dwarven Good Looks
Downtime: Forge Weapon 7/18, Item History 4/15, Forge Armor 8/19
Last Game Played: 2020-06-02 (The Debut)

Waijhou

Post by Waijhou » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:47 pm

Name: Xeviouz
Date of Last Game Played: June 2, 2020
Circle: 6/1
Discipline:Warrior/Horror Stalker
Unique: Sword & Board
Downtime: ---

nathaniel

Post by nathaniel » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:04 am

Karl Tomsson, Xeviouz, Dvarim Bolg, and Zil join me on a quiet and pleasant jaunt through the Wrym Wood :)

Shokunin

Post by Shokunin » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:36 pm

Wild Rose of the Wyrm Wood 06Jun2020 @2230 GMT
GM: Vlolkir
Circle: 6
Difficulty: Hard

Player Rewards:
Karl: 11000 LP, 975 Sp, 5 TIPs.
Jael: 11,000 Legend, 975 sp, 5 TIPs.
Zil: 11,000 Legend, 975 sp, 5 TIPs.
Xeviouz: 11,000LP, 855sp, 5 tips..( half off Kelia's Antidote x2 = 125sp)
Dvarim: 11,000LP, 855sp, 5 TIPs, 2x Kelia's Antidote (half off)

Journal Rewards:
500 Legend, 243.8 Silver

GM Reward:
Vlolkir: 7500 Legend, 650 sp, 3 TIPs

Downtime Actions Available:
Zil: Research rank 3, step 10 (step 13 if pay 20 sp for library access). Item History Rank 3 (step 14 with karma).
Jael: Animal Training 6 (16)
Karl: Animal Training (talent rank 3 step 12) Forge Weapon (rank 4 Step 15) Research (Rank 2 Step 13, or Step 16 with Library Access)
Dvarim: Forge Weapon 7/18, Item History 4/15, Forge Armor 8/19

Further Information:
The Wyrmwood has been explored. It has changed and it is wrong. Piles of corpses of namegivers and creatures dozens of feet high ring the wood, and the plains have been burned back for a league from the forest's edge. A massively powerful pattern lies across the forest, the wildlife is changed, and horribly dangerous. No namegivers were seen. Jael watered a magic plant.
Last edited by Shokunin on Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Aegharan

Post by Aegharan » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:25 am

Jael asked us to accompany him to enter the Wyrm Wood, as he needs to do a deed for his Thread Armor. He asked for company to be prepared in case of trouble from Grakor.

Besides Jael and myself there are Zil, Dvarim, and Xeviouz.

On the walk to Sosanopa we met several caravans and merchants, and I also felt the eyes of Bandits hiding away. It was probably a good idea that Jael didn't make this way alone. However Bandits on the road would not the reason for this.
Crossing the Serpent was easy with the amount of T'Skrang riverfolk offering their boats for some silver.

Nearing the Wyrm Wood we came upon a burned section of land, a league deep towards the forest, seemingly surrounding the wood, as far as we could see to our left and right. It was a pretty straight line. Xeviouz said this looks like a scorched defense position to spot intruders, to which I spotted out piles of stone acting as distance markers.

After a night's rest we crossed the scorched area without problems. Advancing towards the forest we spotted several huge piles of bodies. They were up to 20 or 25 feet high, and 40-50 feet across. Thousands and Thousands of corpses of all kinds of namegivers and different kinds animals lay piled to huge hills of corpses. Notably we didn't see any Obsidimen or Windling corpses. Instead the piles were covered all over by different, slightly moving, vines. We did not dare touch the vines or investigate the corpses.

Coming closer to the treeline, we saw hundreds of dead Elves hanging in plant-cages. Some were fresh, some were rotted to skeletons, but kept perfectly in place by the vines. On all of these skeletons I saw a broken neck, as if they were hanged.

Entering the forest proved tiring. The grass didn't provide hold to our feet, and walking on vines we all tripped often. The sun was not visible, just here and there some flecks of light of a sunbeam crossing the thick leafy roof above us.

While walking through the forest and towards the place Jael needed to visit, when we heard some rustling in the trees, and immediately saw some boars rushing towards us in a speed we never saw before. They moved as fast as a horse in full charge on a plain, but cut corners and changed directions as swiftly as a rabbit with foxes on its tail. And it struck as viciously as Vlolkir. Jael and Zil were quickly knocked down, and while I was spared by the boars at first, I was then knocked down by a giant frog, around the same size as me, which entangled me within its tongue. And while I was held by this toad, a board took a dash towards my side and ripped it open. If that was not enough, a snake snuck up on us, or better "down" from a tree towards us. Luckily neither the Witherfang Snake nor the Thorned Toad were able to poison us.

Thank Garelen that Zil was able to channel Garlen's power towards our injuries, for the way the wounds closed brought an immense relief.

We went on through the forest until the sun got low. We rested the night in a tree. The next morning Zil did his Fire Ritual. The fire seemed to attract a group of strange wolves that ripped us good. Especially notable were great tactics, attacking our blindsides. However they did flee after we killed some and wounded some others. Some more healing later, we move on.

Some hours later we reach a glade with a massive strand of vines reaching up in the middle. We notice two silvery horses. However when they turned around, we looked into strange eyes and spotted horn on its forehead. We all heard the stories, but Jael and I sensed that maybe they could be tamed. He was able to swiftly dominate one of these, so we also had one less enemy to tend to.
All along the banks of this river there were strange plants, showing skeletal growths. Even more strange was that these plants began moving, quickly pumping its thorns at everything moving, even the unicorn that played dead.
Getting rid of the plants was swift, and the unicorns also succumbed to our overwhelming force. I really need to work on my skills handling animals. This will require a lot of training. Maybe I can find more support for these skills.

Jael found the vine in the midst of the glade, and watered the plant. He told us that this indeed was the plant he looked for. On the way out of the Wyrm Wood, Jael started acting strangely, longing to turn around and stay within the woods, but we were able to bring him home with us safely.