AAR: [2nd] The Great Gats-Bee (2020-03-14@20:00-21:00GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

sigfriedmcwild
Re: AAR: [2nd] The Great Gats-Bee (2020-03-14@20:00-21:00GMT)

Post by sigfriedmcwild » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:48 pm

From "Notes on the world outside the kaers" as penned by Norg

The Blood Bees on the road to Sosanopa were making themselves a nuisance again, so Dvarim, William, Zil, and I went out to try and find their nest again. We were joined by a 1st circle T'Skrang swordmaster I'd never met before named U'K'Talla.

As usual worked on keeping us fed on the road with Dvarim's assistance. William navigated and Zil and U'K'Talla kept an eye out for threats. Traveling with both Dvarim and Zil is quite a treat, nice sturdy shelters, comfy sleep, and magically warm food, I may be getting spoiled by the luxury.

As we approached the bees territory, Zil noticed a number of them flitting about like the largest, ugliest windlings you've ever seen (no offense meant to actual Windlings). Thanks to Zil's sharp eyes we were able to engage the bees on our terms, after we'd readied all our defensive magics. The bees were split into two groups and U'K'Talla charge in the middle of the right one, which may have been too hasty an action as he almost got overwhelmed by the reinforcements called in by the drones (they make a buzzing sound that seems to attract more bees). The others moved to support the swordmaster while I kept the left group occupied for a while. Between my armor and Zil's magic Blood Bees aren't really a threat to me anymore, although one did manage to latch on in an awkward spot in the middle of my back and I needed Zil's help to remove it.

After some rest we pressed on following William who was tracking the bees back to their nest. After some time we reached a partially collapsed bridge as we were about to cross it, William noticed some Blood Bees were hiding underneath. We stepped back and Dvarim started proposing plans to get rid of the bees. In the meantime more bees arrived and they swarmed us and kept coming. At some point Dvarim decided that the easiest way to get rid of an attached bee was to walk by me and wait for me to splat it. I also learned that Zil has a new spell that makes it easier to resist poisons which saved me the embarrassment of paralysis. Davarim was not so lucky succumbing to the poison about a minute after the fight was over. Kind of funny in retrospect.

After crossing the bridge we found a nice spot to camp for the night. During my watch some wolves snuck up on us, it could have been a nasty fight if it wasn't for a couple of Trolls from the nearby Ice Claw moot. after the fight we explained we were looking to end the Blood Bees and they decided that was worth inviting us into their village. There they showed us where the nest is and offered hospitality for a few days. They also mentioned that the bees seem to be acting smarter than normal.

ottdmk

Re: AAR: [2nd] The Great Gats-Bee (2020-03-14@20:00-21:00GMT)

Post by ottdmk » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:02 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks William, Zil, Dvarim and Norg for their contributions. +40 Legend Points, +50 Silver Pieces.