Nightflyer's Cloak

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Lamoron
Re: Nightflyer's Cloak

Post by Lamoron » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:03 pm

Panda wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:29 pm
Greetings,

Current damage doesn't change and use the adept's health ratings. The idea changing form heals is a D&Dism.
So when the bat get's hit for 20 damage, the Adept pops out with 20 damage taken, he doesn't die?

Telarus

Post by Telarus » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:58 pm

Correct. Damage remains between form-changes (and so do Wounds), you use the character's Health Rating (including Wound Threshold).

Think about it this way. It works the same way for everything else that can "shape change". ;D *coughSPOILERScough*

TheOracle

Post by TheOracle » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:55 am

Thanks to all of you for clarifying that! :) It seems I need to improve my character's durability through our group structure a bit.

Belenus

Post by Belenus » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:47 pm

TheOracle wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:55 am
Thanks to all of you for clarifying that! :) It seems I need to improve my character's durability through our group structure a bit.
Hehe, that's what I did too with my illusionist :D

Bruener

Post by Bruener » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:10 am

Lamoron wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:03 pm
Panda wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:29 pm
Greetings,

Current damage doesn't change and use the adept's health ratings. The idea changing form heals is a D&Dism.
So when the bat get's hit for 20 damage, the Adept pops out with 20 damage taken, he doesn't die?
Sorry to revive this thread but I want to make sure I understand two more details here:

Does the Adept maintain his Health Ratings while in animal form? I.e. a small bird with a Death Rating of, say, 40? Or is it the case that if the Adept takes more damage as a bird than the bird's natural Death Rating that he loses the animal form as well (in addition to suffering the damage, since all damage he takes remains additive)?

Secondly, in a case where an Adept took on an animal form with higher Health Ratings (this seems unlikely but maybe possible with Beast Shape) would he be able to use the higher animal form ratings?

Belenus

Post by Belenus » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:37 pm

Bruener wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:10 am
Sorry to revive this thread but I want to make sure I understand two more details here:

Does the Adept maintain his Health Ratings while in animal form? I.e. a small bird with a Death Rating of, say, 40? Or is it the case that if the Adept takes more damage as a bird than the bird's natural Death Rating that he loses the animal form as well (in addition to suffering the damage, since all damage he takes remains additive)?

Secondly, in a case where an Adept took on an animal form with higher Health Ratings (this seems unlikely but maybe possible with Beast Shape) would he be able to use the higher animal form ratings?
He'll maintain his normal Health Ratings.