Character Kit: Ferwyll Trisrora

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
gortatrien
Character Kit: Ferwyll Trisrora

Post by gortatrien » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:58 am

Does anyone know where the blood survival blood charm is from? That is the only item in this character kit that I wasn't able to find. It would have been nice if the writeup had mentioned that three thread items are from Panda's site.

Panda

Re: Character Kit: Ferwyll Trisrora

Post by Panda » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:50 am

Greetings,

The blood survival charm is from an upcoming book included as a bit of a tease. There's quite a few new blood charms in the book and blood survival is the kind of thing you might want if you live near the Wastes and find yourself going in there. Ever.

I worked with Kyle on the character (also featured in the Mystic Paths Woodsman write-up as a sidebar perspective) and wrote the three thread items expressly for her. I also included them on my site because it's easier to organize and find things; at least, for me. There's also a category slowly organizing the FASA blog posts. Right now it just has character kits, but I hope to catalog most of the blog posts eventually for ease of reference.

Cheers,

Morgan

gortatrien

Post by gortatrien » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:40 pm

Thanks Morgan. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss that blood charm.

A couple more questions.
There seems to be a talent option missing for either the warrior discipline or the path of the woodsman. There are four beastmaster only novice talent options so that discipline is covered. There are two beastmaster/woodsman talent options so two of the three woodsman talents are covered. That leaves anticipate blow and danger sense to cover two warrior and one woodsman talent options. Was leaving off a talent option deliberate?

Blood magic damage is listed as 15, but only 12 damage has been taken off of the Unconsciousness and Death Ratings. Which is correct?

Panda

Post by Panda » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:35 pm

No problem, it will show up along with a host of other new blood charms.

The missing talent option is deliberate - just because they're available doesn't mean they must be taken and the character has quite a bit going on already and doesn't go deep into a number of their options already. It also leaves space for a GM to add their own choice to the character without any need to change the existing options. It's not a lot of room, but some if there's a specific role she can fill for the adventure.

The Blood Magic Damage should be 12; I forgot to change that value when doing some final modifications (removing a desperate blow charm in this instance).

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:36 am

I'll fix the post so the correct value is given.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com