Do adepts live longer?

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Calamrin
Do adepts live longer?

Post by Calamrin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:26 pm

Now im not, and i mean this, trying to pick on anything canon, and its not about this example.

I just noticed in making a new campaign, and making notes on history and cities, that Garlthik One-Eye, who found Parlainth, saw off the therans from Karatas is still alive and kicking and doing well....he must be close to his 90's
This was after id made notes on races and reading orcs live an average of 40 years.

Im still not to the point, as theres about eight million suppliments and adventures/sourcebooks that cover various previous editions i dont have, where anything could be explained.

My point is, it got me thinking, do adepts tend to live longer ( not including premature deaths!) than the namegiver race they come from?

Panda

Re: Do adepts live longer?

Post by Panda » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 pm

Greetings

By canon, no, adepts don't have anything life-extending as a function of being an adept.

Garlthik happens to be a very notable exception and the legend is he sneaks into Death's realm every night and steals the day back. Which is one my favorite little bits in the setting because it speaks volumes about what a Master Thief is. It may not be true, but he definitely has something going on. Providing some mechanical support for such a legend was also very important in developing Warden and Master tiers. While there isn't neon signage pointing to it, the foundations are there.

Hopefully this was helpful. Please let me know if there are any additional questions, or anything further I can do.

Best regards,

Morgan