Free cult! Order of the Gilded Traveler

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Slimcreeper
Free cult! Order of the Gilded Traveler

Post by Slimcreeper » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:11 am

I proposed this for the Westmarches game and I’m a generous sort, so:

The Order of the Gilded Traveler. Dedicated to Floranuus, they explore and map as much as they can, making copies for the great library. There are perhaps 100 public members. It is not a secret so much as low key. Now, there are some complaints that they are strangely slow-moving on reproducing certain maps and some have noticed a few subtle discrepancies. However, surely there’s nothing sinister about wanting to have advance notice of new settlements and geography and controlling the content of the atlas of the brave new world. So if you have any interesting maps, they’d love to see them and might pay good coin for exclusive rights.

Lars Gottlieb

Re: Free cult! Order of the Gilded Traveler

Post by Lars Gottlieb » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Hehe; they sound fun, and not at all like a cover for some odd plot ..

Slimcreeper

Post by Slimcreeper » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Thanks! I don't know how much use they are in Westmarches, because of the structure of the game. But the paranoia of not knowing if you can trust the your research because a shadowy group may be manipulating your information, or the Therans always beating you to the punch because they know the shortcuts, or a rich mine vein being actually a horror lair, or an allegedly safe trade route going through a robber's den. Fun for all! Especially if you have them hire the party for innocuous jobs early in their career and then have their bad map bite them in the butt in a super obvious way. Now they are massively driven to try to find out the source of the bad information.

Telarus

Post by Telarus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Sneaky. I like it!