Mean and Nasty NPCs

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Slimcreeper
Mean and Nasty NPCs

Post by Slimcreeper » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:41 pm

So I've been reskinning my old Mysts of Betrayal for 4th ed. There's always been some issues with the adventure for me, though I loved parts of it. For example, I cut Heirmon out completely and make Brenula a 7th Circle Weaponsmith with a poorly healed injury that keeps her from adventuring. Just didn't see the need for two NPCs there. Plus I'm writing out the stuff where the Horror mind-controls people. I think the Horrors should represent a choice. But that is an aside -

When reskinning Kalourin I had him put Evil Eye in his Enh Matrix and cast Death's Head on himself. So as a simple action, he'll be able to Frighten and if it succeeds, that's at least a -6 to all tests for 5 rounds. Mean! And that's before his standard action.

What are some of your favorite Mean GM NPCs?

DarkHawk

Re: Mean and Nasty NPCs

Post by DarkHawk » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:34 am

Honestly, any horror or horror construct that has Skin Shift. It's a power that the group fears and I often use as a balance when the PCs start feeling to "I can take on anything".