Help me building Warden and Master Horror Stalker

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Indragnir
Help me building Warden and Master Horror Stalker

Post by Indragnir » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:16 am

Hi all,

In my gaming group we've an elf Horror Stalker, the player is very pasionated toward the character, so she refuses to play 4e unless she could play her beloved Horror Stalker.
I checked Panda Groove 4e conversion and did some minor adjusts to make it a stand-alone Discipline (mainly changing Acrobatic Strike to Melee Weapons in Novice Talent options)

Also notice Circle 1 ability Morgan Weeks stated as Horror Lore, it's just another Talent or a just a simple Skill?

Here it is what I have right now from Morgan's site

Artisan Skills: Scarification, Tattooing

Half-Magic: These adepts may use half-magic to know how to find other Horror Stalkers and the history of other Horror Stalkers. They may also make Perception-based half-magic tests to detect the presence of Horrors, Horror constructs, and undead within 30 yards. The difficulty for this is equal to the target’s Mystic Defense. If the test succeeds, the adept senses the target’s presence, though no details. The gamemaster may choose to make this half-magic test on behalf of the adept at any time, as this innate sense is always active.

Novice

First Circle
Astral Sight
Bear Mark
Horror Weaving
Steel Thought
Call of Harrow
-Abilities
-Durability 5
-Horror Lore
-Karma: On any test to directly defend against a Horror, Horror construct, or undead (e.g. a Steel Thought test against a Horror power, or a Willpower test to resist an ongoing Horror power).

Second Circle
Gaze into the Abyss
Abilities
-Defense: +1 Mystic Defense

Third Circle
Suppress Curse
Abilities
-Karma: The adept may spend a karma point on Attack and Spellcasting tests against a Horror, Horror construct, or undead.

Fourth Circle
Sense Corruption
Abilities
-Defense: +1 Physical Defense

Talent Options
1. Melee Weapons
2. Anticipate Blow
3. Avoid Blow
4. Awareness
5. Danger Sense
6. Graceful Exit
7. Mystic Pursuit
8. Stealthy Stride
9. Tracking
10. Wound Balance

Journeyman

Fifth Circle
Lion Heart
Abilities
-Knowledge is Power: If the adept possesses any specific, vital knowledge regarding a Horror, Horror construct, or undead target (or type of target in the case of “common” varieties) they may reduce the Strain cost of one Horror Stalker talent by 1 once per round when used against the appropriate target.
-Karma: The adept may spend a karma point on a Damage or Effect test against a Horror, Horror construct, or undead. This may be combined with other karma abilities which allow karma to be spent on a similar test.

Sixth Circle
Exploit Corruption
Abilities
-Defense: +2 Mystic Defense

Seventh Circle
Bane Strike
Abilities
-Bonus: +1 Mystic Armor

Eighth Circle
Purge Karma
Abilities
-Defense: +3 Mystic Defense

Talent Options
1. Battle Shout
2. Cold Purify
3. Earth Skin
4. Fire Heal
5. Fireblood
6. Life Check
7. Research
8. Steely Stare
9. Tactics
10. Tiger Spring

Thank you in advance.

Mataxes

Re: Help me building Warden and Master Horror Stalker

Post by Mataxes » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:36 pm

Indragnir wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:16 am
Also notice Circle 1 ability Morgan Weeks stated as Horror Lore, it's just another Talent or a just a simple Skill?
It's a free talent (like the Archer's Call Missile, or the Troubadour's Entertainer). That means they have Horror Lore as a talent wth rank equal to their Circle. As they advance, its rank advances without any need for Legend to be spent on it. Rules-wise it functions like the skill, but the adept could spend Karma on it.

I don't have any real recommendations for higher-Circle progression. If ED3 did a 15-Circle setup with them, I would look there for inspiration in terms of talent choices, and compare the 8-circle build Morgan did with the full (previewed) core Disciplines for how defense ratings and such would work.

I know people like their Horror Stalkers, but we're probably going to take a slightly different tack with them.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

Indragnir

Re: Help me building Warden and Master Horror Stalker

Post by Indragnir » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:28 pm

Thank you. I'll do this.

I knew (Morgan said also) you envision Horror Stalker in a different way from Classic and 3ED editions. I'm very interested anyway. Let's hope a book on Secondary Disciplines is in your plans soon ;)