Group Adventure Log

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Mataxes
Re: Group Adventure Log

Post by Mataxes » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:48 pm

Sort of?

I didn't tie the legend points to the actual delivery of the journal. I basically made it a reward to the players for "doing homework" (and just made it a bonus "Legend Award" for them the session they turned it in.) They would turn in to the journal when the opportunity arose. (And would get the silver, but no extra Legend Points.)

As for the "ties to Throal" thing, I was reading that as "the only way to get this reward is to have ties to or a positive relationship with Throal." Which... I guess, if you want to deal with that as a completely in-setting thing.

But you don't have to.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

Flowswithdrek

Post by Flowswithdrek » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:24 pm

I award legend points as soon as a journal is handed over. I would allow journals to be handed in to any library in any major city that is likely to have good relations with Throal. I would even allow them to be handed in to a Throalic trade mission in another city. I would imagine libraries in the larger cities to have some manner of reciprocal agreement, were for the collection and shipping of journals they in turn can request books that can be copied before being returned. I also figure a good journal is worth a lot to unscrupulous collectors and journals may never make it to Throal. Also, I imagine a journal to be a very personal thing, be careful your not handing over one of your pattern items by mistake :shock:

CPFCPF

Post by CPFCPF » Fri May 25, 2018 11:33 am

We use a facebook group and whoever is willing to write the summary/journal of the actual play-evening might do so. The writer gets a massive extra amount of LP for the entry, which usually doubles or triples his/her LP income, depending on the amount of work and skill invested.
We assume that the journal will find its way into the library of Throal, therefore we don't give extra LP when doing so, it's already included in the writers reward.

I'm collecting all those journal entries and currently I have a word document with 220 pages (193k words) containing our whole Earthdawn story. That should be way more than a regular novel!